Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good Morning

I don't have to tell you about the busy-ness that is December, do I?

Not enough time in the day to check off all the boxes on your to-do list (which seems to grow longer when I'm not looking!).

Not enough time to do all the Christmas-y things I would like to do with the kids, although we have done alot already.

For the sake of my sanity, though, I had to take a break from all that busy-ness. This morning I sat with my cup of coffee and visited my blog friends (YOU!). I read about your busy month. I laughed. I smiled. I commented. I sipped my coffee and wished for my voice to come back (I lost it yesterday when I caught a case of laryngitis...oh, the joy). I came back to reality feeling refreshed and ready to conquer today's list.

I really needed that time. Because today's list kind of sucks.

Cleaning. Laundry. Downloading pictures of Isabel's party (that one's not bad).

Taking the kittens to the humane society.

Yep, that's the one that sucks.

We are down to two kittens. We tried keeping them, in addition to the two cats and one dog and three kids we already have.

But Gabe's "little allergy" has become a full-blown one. I tried medication, but it only helps a little. I hate to see him suffer, and it's really not fair. We tried finding homes for the kittens, but to no avail.

I'm copping out. Joe's taking them. I told Isabel before she left for school today, and she was okay with it. She still has Autumn and Sugar and Ellie, and quite frankly, I think she was getting tired of having to help clean up after them. We're hoping that since they're so cute, and the shelter is having a special this month on lower prices for the holidays, they'll be adopted quickly.

Anyway, I'm glad I got to spend some time with all of you before conquering my list. I promise a post full of 80's fun and giggling prepubescent girls will follow soon!

11 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Getting rid of any kind of litter is always so hard!!

Hope your voice returns soon.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

oh and I'm making the chowder tonight!! I'll let you know how it comes out.

Rebecca Jo said...

I can remember when we had to take a liter of kittens to a pet store... I think I cried for a week!!! Christmas time is the time for a cute kitten though to get adopted..

Cant wait to see the pics of the girls party!

Heather said...

I'm so sorry about your throat and your kitties. It's a sad day, indeed. Hang in there and I agree about catching up with bloggy friends. It makes things so much better.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I know how tough that is! Maybe with it being this time of year, they will be adopted quickly. We had kittens that were born under our deck...and we tried to get homes for them, too. We finally took them to a no-kill shelter, but it took a while for them to have room for them. I'll be thinking about ya'll today!

Shelley said...

sorry to hear that your voice is gone. Sorry that the kitties had to go. Hope you are feeling better soon and that you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Suzann said...

I had the exact same kind of day, well, no sad kitty moments. : (
I cleaned house, did some laundry, shoveled snow, and now I have to shower and try to pretty myself up some for dinner tonight. UGH.
Enjoy your relaxing time. Even if it is just for a moment. (as you can tell I needed a wee break myself).
Love you sista Chicka!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your voice back soon! That is sad about the cats, but I understand why you couldn't keep them all!!!

CaraBee said...

I have been so busy lately. My blogging has dropped off and I really do miss everyone. It's tough to find those minutes, ahem, hours, every day to catch up with everyone when you've got shopping and cards and cleaning and taking care of kid and and and...

Sorry to hear about the kittehs. I'm sure they'll get snapped up tout de suite!

Shannon said...

Oh, gosh... do I feel like such a heel for not taking a kitten :(

But I'm sure they'll be adopted quickly!

Angela said...

Good morning! I am so glad you stopped by and I agree with your strategy. I'm doing the same thing this morning. Coffee and blogs! Next best thing to our coffee on the porch at the cabin, right? :-)

So sorry about the kittens, but don't beat yourself up about it. You've done what you can!

I'm tackling the rest of my list today, as well. The good news is, most of what is left on mine is baking and cooking. And that's the part I enjoy!

Hugs!