It was, like, totally Isabel's idea to have an 80's-themed birthday party, but I have to say that I had a LOT of fun planning it with her. She invited nine girls with instructions to dress up in total valley girl fashion, and they all did!
Some of our decorations included my old ET shirt that I got for my 10th birthday (um, yeah, in 1983) and Elijah's Rubik's cube (not an original version, though).

We had pita pizzas, Pop Rocks, Capri-sun, Fun Dips and chocolate cake. Neon colors were in vast supply, as were side ponytails, legwarmers and bangle bracelets...

(Notice ET hamming it up in the background?)One of Isabel's best friends, Caitlin. You should have seen these two dance in our version of "So you think you can dance"!

The whole totally radical group:

Happy birthday, Isabel! (Doesn't she look adorable?)

We ended the night dancing to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and playing a game of Limbo. Some of these girls were really flexible!

I tried to get my hair as "big" as possible, but nothing can beat the look I had in the real 80's...

Two of her friends spent the night, and we woke up the next morning to snow! It was a bit too cold to play outside, so I let them fill up some bowls and play at the kitchen table. They loved it!

I'm so glad Isabel was able to have such a great party! It's gonna be hard to top this one!
12 comments:
Gag Me! (LOL)
Just so ya know, I can still make some mean mall hair.
Bella - Do you have any idea how beautiful you are? I see such a magic joy in your eyes. May you always know that within yourself is the ability to bring yourself true JOY.
You're 10 now. It's such a special age. You have now entered the double digits. You are officially a tween. There are so many wonderful adventures that lie ahead of you on your journey. Some won't be so wonderful. But, always remember that without moments of unhappiness, we could never truly appreciate the happy moments.
I told my own daughter once, a long time ago to treasure true friends. Hold them close to your heart and never let them go. If you achieve only one true friend in your lifetime, you will have much to treasure.
Now, you go and enjoy being 10. And give that mama of yours a HUGE hug. She's gonna annoy the heck out of you in the years to come, but it's only because she loves you more than life itself.
Yup, I love ya chicka. : )
I'm dying to see an actual picture of you with big hair. You know you're going to have to post one.
That party looks like it rocked!!!
Like, totally rad.
Totally.
So glad the party was a hit and they all had fun! I think I want an 80's party for my next birthday!
Awesome job! I LOVED those years and it looks like so much fun!
Would you believe I still have my original rubik's cube!? So much fun! I still haven't totally learned it, but confess I do play with it on occasion. Hubby delights in making me look like an idiot with it. He flips and turns and blam, it's all done!
HOW FUN!!! I love all the leg warmers & leggings... wait!! Those are all back in style!!!
Totally awesome ET shirt... & that's a SUPER Rupik cube!! How fun the whole party looks!
And Isabel looks totally beautiful with the candles lighting her face... just beautiful
Like, totally rad dude!!!
Love it!!!! They all look so darn cute!!!!!
The 80's was the best decade by far!
Happy Birthday, Isabelle
Isabel* sorry I spelled it wrong...oops
That is so rad! Even if the kids don't remember the 80's, I'm sure their parents did. LOL!
The 'Noke is holding an 80's themed party for New Years that I think would be a blast. Too bad Stevie doesn't agree with me. :(
What an awesome party!
You are so the best mom ever.
I beg of you--let's repeat this party this summer. Libbey and I need to get in on this action. And you and I need to have the big hair together. It's my new goal in life...
xoxo
What a great party! I guarantee those girls will never forget it. 10 is such a big deal. Double digits. Well done making it so memorable.
Totally fun! I remember being in 6th grade and my math teacher having us do Rubik's cube competitions. I sucked at it. Mine always had peeling stickers because I cheated :-)
Post a Comment