Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Project Update

Our garden has been a family project from day one.

Joe dug up the sod and laid the blocks.  I filled it with good garden soil.

Gabe helped me pick out the seeds at Lowe's, and Isabel helped me plant the seeds in my little greenhouse.

Then we watched them grow...


My clematis (which I planted during last year's garden makeover) is really taking off; this is also where the tomato garden will be.

The pole beans, carrots, squash, lettuce and peppers are here, below the deck.  We hope that by being close to the house, the bunny rabbits will be deterred by our "killer cats".



Yesterday, Gabe was thrilled to find the first three red (or almost red) strawberries in our patch!  I let the kids each have one, and they said they were delicious!



I couldn't for the life of me find a "before" picture of our master bathroom; suffice it to say it was linoleum, white shower insert and boring old vanity.  After months of hard work by my handy-dandy husband, it now looks like this:








Joe did every single thing by himself; moved the toilet, excavated the old shower/sink/toilet, laid all the tile on the floor, shower and walls, picked out the colors of the tiles and cabinets and walls and did all the installation (I did help hold the cabinets while he hung them and I picked out the decorations...it's the little things, right?)  I am so proud of him; it looks amazing!  If you live in the tri-state area, I do rent him out during the summer months when he's off school...

What projects are going on in your house (Suzann, I am anxiously awaiting pictures of your kitchen makeover!)?

10 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Nothing like the taste of things from your OWN garden!

I love your bathroom... love all the neutral tones in there. I have been BEGGING my husband to redo our bathroom for years... I think I'm just going to go in & start knocking everything out - then he wont have a choice! :)

Melissa said...

i love having my own garden. when we lived in SD we had a huge garden. Thanksgiving was always full of fresh veggies from our garden! i miss that!
i love me a man that can renovate! i cant wait for our tool men to meet:)

stephanie said...

love the bathroom! looks fantastic!

as for at our house... hopefully soon i'll actually paint the hideous pepto bismal pink bedroom that greeted us when we moved into our house. 7 months ago...

CaraBee said...

One of these days I'm going to start a garden. What fun that you can do that with the kids. They will love as everything blooms and the veggies ripen!

The bathroom looks AMAZING! Joe is so talented! If only we lived in the tri-state area.

Natalie said...

Now that? Is one beautiful bathroom! And the garden? Fantastic! We are going at gardening for the first time this year but we have yet to get the seeds in...Hmmm...Feeling a little behind the eight ball...

Thanks for the motivation! :)

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

mama's smitten said...

The garden is such an awesome family project. I would love to that one day. And you bathroom! Looks great, you must love it!

Suzann said...

LOVING the bathroom. Cup O' Joe did a great job!!
Strawberries? Love 'em!
Clematis? A fave!!
I'm looking forward to gardening through you this summer. : )

Suzann said...

BTW...
Kitchen pics to come.
Gotta get through this party first.
If it doesn't kill me, I hope to share pics next week.
I am never ever doing this again.

HiHoOhio said...

LOVE THE BATHROOM!!!!!!!
miss you!

mep said...

GORGEOUS bathroom! I love the tile pattern and colors!

Projects at our house? Keeping it clean in order to sell!