Monday, May 31, 2010
Plan it.
It seems like just yesterday that my babies were this little...
Now they're getting ready to finish up their last days of the school year, and next year, I'll have all three of them in school. How is it even possible that I will have a child in Junior High, when I can clearly remember my own (dramatic) seventh grade days? Sigh...
Ever since they were these young ages pictured, we have had a summer break tradition. Each person in the family gets to make a list of FIVE things that they want to do over the summer. One thing can be outrageous, one thing can be an individual plan, but the other three have to be real things we can do together as a family. I plan on hanging their lists on the fridge so we don't forget to do everyone's plans. This Friday is their last day of school; I'll do a post next week of their lists...they're usually pretty entertaining :)
So, what are you going to do over summer vacation? What will you do when all your kids are in school? Does the thought make you happy or sad, or a little bit of both, like me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Unfortunately I never had any children to may my day happy or sad when They accomplish something or their heart gets broken.Treasure your children.
OMGosh! Look at wittle bitty Gabe! So precious!
Love the idea of letting each kid plan what to do over the summer. Our summer break officially started last week... but it's not too late to have the girls think about this, right?
The girls have VBS next week, then our little mini-getaway after that. Shane and I are also talking about maybe going back up to PA for a week later this summer.
The only thing we really have planned for this summer is our trip to Myrtle Beach in July. We'll get through that and then see what the rest of the summer holds. Maybe a trip to see my parents in Kansas.
Thinking about Sophie going to school gives me a lot of anxiety because it marks the time where my role at SAHM will have to change. What that means is still open for question. I want to continue to be available to my child, but I feel like a job of some sort will be necessary. But what to do? Don't want to do full time. Can't really go back to my old profession, its far too demanding. Sigh.
Ahhh - 7th grade... the year I first felt like I was in LOVE... yeah, good luck with that :)
Look at how little they are in these pictures - wow!!!
Cant wait to see these lists! What a fun idea to let them pick! Can I make a list & join in with the family!? :)
I'm so looking forward to Summer. Just being able to sleep in a little will be so great. Lots of trips to the beach....movies...mall....Daytona...:)
I can't believe this is my last summer before Dominic starts real school! He and I are taking our short trip up to NY, and he's having a fab birthday party with his friends in August...other than that, we're just going to be hanging out and going to the pool. :-(
I love the making-a-list-for-summer tradition! Great idea. My oldest likes to take a minute before bed to talk to me about what he wants to do the next day. He also loves making lists. I'm sure he'd love a chance to plan a whole summer AND make a list.
We don't have a vacation planned this summer. I think we'll just enjoy our kids and, God willing, maybe pack some boxes and move before school starts (if we sell our house).
As for when my kids are in school? I have no idea what I'll do or how I'll feel. I can say that my life would be a lot easier if at least one of them was in school all day.
What a wonderful idea! Love it! I think I need to do this with my little cherubs.
We are busy bees this year - two family weddings, one trip to Wisconsin, one MOPS Conference in Orlando and a trip to Disney in September (not really summer, I know.) My motto this summer is "If it's not fun, we are not doing it." :)
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
I'm so totally stealing your idea!! I know they all have a "top of the list" plan to road trip it to MN to see Chris Ann and crew...but, I'd love to see what else they come up with!
~kristin
I'm feeling very old...and melancholy. The teen graduates in a WEEK and then will be off to college in August.
We are going on a cruise to celebrate his graduation in June and then maybe a small trip to the beach for just Stevie & I once the teen is off to school. And we can finally relax. :)
Look at wittle bitty Gabe! So precious!
Contextual Ad Network India
Post a Comment