Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Joy

It's a dreary day outside.  I am post-night shift tired, and have to go to class tonight.  I could complain (well, I just did, I guess), but instead, I'm going to focus on some things that are giving me joy lately...

My Keurig coffee-maker, Green Mountain coffee and hazelnut creamer.

Texting.

My sweet friends, Diane and Monica, and our hysterical husbands.

Impending summer vacation.

Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade with homemade popcorn.

Cheering at Elijah's Little League baseball games.

Planning our family vacation this fall.

Good books (currently reading "The White Queen" by Phillipa Gregory).

Having the beginnings of a good tan.

Working in my garden.

Sensual Amber lotion from Bath and Body Works.

And yes, even the rain (less watering for me to do!).

What things are bringing you joy lately?


"Be joyful always; pray continually;
 give thanks in all circumstances,
 for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
  -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

10 comments:

mommaruthsays said...

It's always better to focus on the GOOD, not the bad in life! Keep up the attitude :)

Jen said...

I love your perspective. You are such a good example to us all. :)

CaraBee said...

Lost!

Rita's Italian Ice

Dr Pepper

Chick-fil-a spicy chicken sandwich

Watching my daughter do her tumbles in class with the other kids

My roses blooming

Rebecca Jo said...

The beginnings of a tan - like it!

Joys for me: Sleep, sleep & more sleep right now... Now, if I could only get it! ;)

BBB said...

Watching Gert get her awards at school today. That was a joy.

Seeing how Essie cares SO MUCH for "just" a little guinea pig. That makes me smile.

stephanie said...

naptime.

:)

Shannon said...

Lost (although I will be sad that it's ending! WAH!)

Glee

knowing there are only 3 more days of school left (meaning I only have 6 more lunches to pack! WOOHOO!)

mep said...

Glee

Fountain Diet Coke

Snack Size Reese's McFlurry at McDonalds

Dressing my daughter

Roomy new purse

Having my gray roots covered recently

Thanks for that Bible verse -- one of my favorites!

Suzann said...

Life is full of joys, we just have to take notice of them.

Today I am so thankful for my family and my husband - The B Man -

And for seeing after this past week I am thankful for the many people who love me.

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

Oh, Mike's Cranberry is delicious!! I have to hide my 'girl beer' from my husband! I love Sensual Amber as well ---- reminds me of an older VS lotion/wash called Amber Romance.