Saturday, May 8, 2010

A mom is born...

"Before you were conceived
I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here an hour
I would die for you
This is the miracle of life."

-Maureen Hawkins

(photo courtesy of Becky Higgins)

June 18, 1998.

December 21, 1999.

August 27, 2004.

Three times over, I was blessed with the gift of motherhood.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I wouldn't trade this job for all the money in the world.

Being a mom is the best thing that I have ever done.

Happy Mother's Day, sweet friends!


9 comments:

Shannon said...

I still have no idea what I'm getting myself into ;)


Happy Mother's Day to you, too!


xoxo

CaraBee said...

I don't think it ever registered for me that you first two were just 15 months apart! I am humbled.

You are such an amazing mom, person and friend. Have a wonderful mothers day!

Suzann said...

happy mother's day to you dear friend.

Being a mother is rather amazing, isn't it!?

stephanie said...

happy mother's day to you too!!!

it is the best job in the world... even if it does come with temper tantrums and very little sleep. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day!! 'nothin like little toe-sies!!
Chris Ann & Kristin

Rebecca Jo said...

What a wonderful mom YOU are too!!!

Hope you've enjoyed your Mother's Day!

Jen said...

I just loved this. :)

Melissa said...

AWWWW.....I love this post. I had a nice day. My kids and hubby showered me with love and homemade presents. I am truly bless.

BBB said...

Awwww - I love me some babies and remembering when they were born... course spending Mother's Day celebrating Katie's birthday helps :)

You have such a beautiful family and you are so blessed.