Friday, May 14, 2010

Little League

There are many things I love about spring, but Little League baseball is definitely on my Top Ten list.

Elijah is good at every sport he plays (thanks to Joe's athletic genes), but he really excels at baseball.  He has a mind for the game, instinctively knowing how to make the next play or throw the next pitch.  My heart overflows with pride for him, and he claims he can hear my "pride" screaming from the sidelines :)

Whether he's on the bench with his best friend, Aaron...


or playing first base...

or up to bat, I am cheering for him and snapping pictures like crazy.



I sit on the bench and carry on with one of the other mom's, Chelle.  We have a great time, laughing and yelling and razzing our coach (in a very friendly way).  However, when Elijah takes the mound and pitches, I am up at the fence, focused and praying that he does well and stays safe.  Kid-pitch baseball can be dangerous, especially for the pitcher.  Elijah has quick reflexes and is even more focused than me, which you can tell by his many expressions:


(and yes, he is a lefty pitcher, but a righty hitter)












He doesn't even get nervous up there!  So calm and cool...this boy amazes me!

Elijah, you rock!

6 comments:

Suzann said...

Awesome Pics.

You go EL!!

LoveFeast Table said...

I love bourbon slushes...and the Orioles...and pitchers!! My 10 yr old is a pitcher on his Travel Team! We love baseball season!
kristin

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my word... has he had a growth spurt or something? he looks SOOOO tall! Look at the picture in the header & then him on the mound... oh my!!!

mep said...

I'm so excited for the Little League days in my future!

Both of my brothers were pitchers, and I am very familiar with the nervous pitcher's mom phenomenon. My mom was always anxious while they were pitching -- for their safety and performance.

Enjoy the season! Glad you have a bleacher buddy!

brainella said...

My mother was always there in the bleachers cheering us on when we played sports. It's something I still remember. :) So will he...

Melissa said...

Awwww....nothing makes a mama prouder than to see her boy succeed at something he loves! Great pics!