Monday, May 3, 2010

Kool-aid...only 25 cents!


Our little entrepreneurs...

Sold a cup to mommy, daddy, mamaw and papaw, and some kids from down the street.

Had to split the profits four ways.

Gabe's big dream of buying a "big giant Lego set" is on hold, at least until the next idea...

What's the best "lemonade stand" idea you had as a kid?  What did you want to buy?

10 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

How sweet is that? I remember setting up a stand & being so anxious for someone to stop... which rarely happened...boo!

At least they were willing to work for some money... even if it probably wasnt as much as they hoped for

Jen said...

Aw, I remember doing this as a kid. So fun.

LoveFeast Table said...

I sold lemonade for weeks. It definitely gave me the entrepreneur bug...my hubby and I went on to open a coffee shop. You never know what Kool-Aid will lead to!!:)
Thank you so much for stopping by our Table! Traveling with kids is so fun! We'd love to hear where you've taken your kids!
~kristin

Melissa said...

Love that!
Michael tried to sell rocks....didn't have any takers....

stephanie said...

they are so cute! i totally would have bought lemonade from them. especially at .25! screaming deal in these tough economic times. :)

CaraBee said...

That's so cute!

My sister decided to start a poop scooping company when she was 10. She went from house to house offering her services for $10 a yard. It only took a couple of yards before she realized that scooping crap sucks.

Suzann said...

shhhh... I never did that.
My youngest sister and her friend made a gossip newspaper for our neighborhood and sold it with bags of home-made chocolate chip cookies and made a LOT of money. LOL. She was a crazy 7 year old.

Brandy said...

A friend's daughter set up a lemonade stand two weekends ago and made over $50! She is donating it all to the Susan G. Komen foundation. It was very inspiring! Especially since she had a tumble off the monkey bars two days before so she was serving up lemonade with one arm in a cast.

Natalie said...

I never had luck with any stands - I usually threw in the towel after a few hours and went back to my books...I was such a nerd...

I think this is pretty much when I learned that I was SO not a business person by nature!

Cute picture and even if they didn't make a lot of money, it's about the process and making memories. Love it!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

mep said...

We used to try to sell snow cones made with the Snoop Snow Cone Machine, but let's face it, that thing was so hard to crank that the effort to profit ratio was not good enough to keep the business going!