Cookie Monster helped welcome me into my fifth year, complete with a cookie in his icing-covered mouth that the birthday girl (moi) got to eat without sharing even a crumb with her three older sisters.
I had a slumber party when I turned ten, and my favorite gift was an E.T. t-shirt (I'm pretty sure I still have it).
Turning thirteen meant I was officially a teenager.
Turning fifteen meant I was allowed to date.
Then the big sixteen:

My dream car was a '69 Ford Mustang:
I turned eighteen at the beginning of my senior year of high school. Officially an adult!
Graduated nursing school at the age of twenty.
The next big one, twenty-one! Yay for a legal ID, right?
Married at twenty-two.
Baby at twenty-four, along with our first house.
Baby number two at twenty-six.
Baby number three at thirty.
Been to Disney World three times (at the ages of 10, 28 and 35).
The next age for me is forty.
Ask anyone. Forty is traditionally something meant to be dreaded.
I can't say I'm dreading it.
I love the age I am. I am happier in my thirties than ever before. I am comfortable in my own skin, despite the wrinkles, the varicose veins, the cellulite, the acne (still?!).
I am a goal-oriented person, however. I feel the need to have a list of things to look forward to.
On my do-before-I'm-40-list right now?
Pay off all bills (except for house).
Finish my BSN (starting in January '10).
Take my family on a cruise.
Travel out west in an RV.
Run a half-marathon, maybe alongside Isabel.
Go on a mission trip.
I have four years. I think I can do it. It's great to have something to look forward to, isn't it?
What are you looking forward to? What was your favorite age?


6 comments:
My favorite age? Are you serious? LOL.
No favorite age. None, zero, zip. I've got nothing.
Maybe it's coming up. Yea, that's it, I haven't hit it yet.
You know, I can't really say I've had a favorite age. They've all had their pluses. Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the arse I had when I was 16, or even 25, heck, even 30, but I wouldn't want to go back. Truthfully, right now is pretty good. I have a great man, a beautiful daughter, we're in solid financial shape (although there's never *enough*, right?), we're all healthy, I have great friends (some of whom I'm getting to see in, ahem, EIGHT DAYS!!), what more could a gal ask for.
A cruise would be nice, though. :)
I love the pic of your dream car only to know you got a Chevette! Its so true, it doesnt matter as long as it runs for a teen!
And what is with adult acne? My face is worse now then when I was 16!!!
Love this post though! That says alot about your attitude that you are so comfortable in your skin & in your life... kudos to you girlie! Good luck with that list too!
I'm sad about leaving 34 behind in a few weeks...as 34 is my most favorite number in the history of the world, and I've rather enjoyed this year.
I'm still younger than you.
My next age is 40, too. But mine comes in less than a year rather than four years away. I keep vascilating between dreading it and wanting to revel in it...
I am looking forward to 40 as well!!
My favorite age...probably 30! We were building our dream home that year.
Did I ever tell you that John had a 69' Mustang....he sold it back in 1999 and I was pissed at him!!!!
Why was I so pissed....Meg was conceived in that car on prom night...tehehe.
I miss that car...but our best friend has it so we see it often.
Post a Comment