Thursday, November 19, 2009

How much is that (kitty) in the window?

It's free, I tell you, free!

Yes, Autumn's kittens are ready to fly the coop, and so is Autumn. She had gotten used to being an outdoor cat, with plenty of freedom to run in the woods behind our house. For the past couple of months, she's been stuck inside the house, having to tend to her babies (we all know what that can do to a mother, don't we?).

I'm fairly certain that is not a look of contentment on her feline face, having the life sucked out of her by those five little furballs...



Now that they can eat "real food" (i.e. kitten chow), Autumn runs away from their teething mouths, only stopping to nurse when they catch her at the right moment.


A couple of the more persistent ones have even tried to nurse on Ellie...hysterical to watch!


Watching these little guys grow has been such a great experience for our family. But now the time has come to find them a new home. We have agreed to keep one of the kittens, Mamaw Kay is taking the two black ones that are always snuggled up together, and we are actively looking for homes for the other two. Any takers?

Look at those sweet little faces:

The striped one is Casper, Gabe's favorite.

These two are Mamaw's favorite. The black kittens are Shadow, Boo, Coffee and Choo-choo (named by Isabel and her friend). I think Mamaw may rename hers, and that's just fine.


I've got a great vet that I can recommend.

Aren't they adorable?

A sweet, furry little kitten would make a great Christmas present, you know!



7 comments:

Shannon said...

Seriously adorable.

I'll talk to Shane again and let you know.

If anything, it'd give us a chance to see each other again! ;)

Suzann said...

I just showed Thomas and he wants one. He doesn't care which one. LOL But, it's not going to happen. They are cute though.

Babe in Babeland said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! They are adorable!!

I found you by way of Land of Bean. I like your blog!

Rebecca Jo said...

Little balls of happiness right there!!!!!

brainella said...

So freaking cute. If having a cat did not mean hives and the inability to breathe, I'd want TWO! :)

Life Laugh Latte said...

Anything cuter than kittens? I think not. Hope you find homes for them soon. Holly:)

Jen said...

They are so sweet. I would totally take one but I don't think they would fair very well in the mail.