(Photo from 2008)Usually, Elijah and Gabe play really well together.
Today was an exception.
Gabe wanted to play hide and seek; Elijah wanted to jump on the trampoline. Unfortunately, Gabe's two little buddies wanted to play with Elijah. Gabe was crushed.
He came into the house, tears flowing, sobbing his little heart out on my shoulder.
After a snack and some mommy time, he calmed down.
Then he turned to me and said, in the saddest little voice, "My feelings are still hurt from 'Lijah. I think they're broke."
Awww, poor little guy. A few hugs, some pizza and a Scooby-doo show and now things are better.
Broken feelings have a way of mending, eventually. Such a tough lesson, though.
9 comments:
Poor, sweet little Gabe. If only some hugs, pizza and Scooby could heal all broken feelings.
OH, poor sad boy. Though Scooby Doo does make the world seem better...no matter what age. :)
Aren't you so grateful for blogging so you can have that memory documented? I don't mean his feelins being hurt, but just the way he said it. That is just precious! He is too stinking cute!!!!!!
ohhhh. that breaks my feelings too just to see that face & to hear his reaction...
Glad momma knows the cure to broken feelings!
Awwwww, that makes my bottom lip stick out.
Awe, that breaks my heart!
I'm glad mommy was able to fix things.
oh no. this is toooo sad.
out of the mouths of babes:
my feelings are broken
that really sums it up, when it hurts that bad.
Glad Mommy was there to save the day and turn that frown upside down
:^D
Aww, poor guy. That picture just rips your heart out! It's tough being a younger brother, I'm sure.
I'm glad he's all better!
Post a Comment