Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eenie-meenie-minie-moe

It's been a long while since I have bought new pajamas for my myself.

The kids get new pj's every Christmas Eve, but I'm wearing the same mismatched duds that I have owned for over a decade. They're comfy, but...

Next Friday, I am going on a sleepover weekend with fourteen other women. I don't want to have mismatched duds; I want to have cute pajamas. Thus began my search.

The choices are endless.

(I know which one Joe would choose):


Warm, but disturbing:


Somehow I don't think this would look quite so cute on me:


Now that's more my style, but where's the flood?


As much as I would like to feel sexy and stylin' in my bedtime wear, I think this is more my speed:


What do you think? Have you bought new pj's for yourself lately? What do you wear to bed?

12 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I am a PJ freak!!

I have been told that I collect them. My two bottom drawers are dedicated just for them. I have some of all that you choose....(except the 1st one...really?) Some of my favorites are those worn out ones....but I do have some really cute new ones.

I love flannel but can only sleep with the bottoms on...I get too hot with the top on. So I would wear a tank under it like she does in the picture. (by the way she is Johns favorite model)

Have fun at the sleep over...I haven't done that in years!

Suzann said...

Well this is funny. I'm going to be buying some pajamas soon. I would like to find some today. But I doubt it.
I'm all about the comfy thing though.
Plus I burst into flames at random, so I have to be careful about having things that breathe.
So, the first one is a definite no way and the flannel would make me sweat to death. LOL

Jennifer said...

I'm a girl of comfort!! I love the pj bottoms at Old Navy. I have a pair that I wore while I was pregnant with Carter, then with Tucker and the other night Travis told me I really should let them go since they waist band is holding on by a thread!!!!

My other favorites are the ones at Target. They are a thin material and probably the softest I've ever felt, at a reasonable price that is. Check out Targets website for Gilligan & O'Malley. I think you'll really like them. Just FYI... they run very big. I usually wear a medium, and an extra-small fits me best. Good luck with your shopping!! :)

Shannon said...

Uh, yeah. I know which one Shane would pick, too.

For me. Not you.


Anyway, I have a lot of pajama pants/shorts. But not alot of matching sets of pajamas. Usually I wear a pair of sleep pants and a tee shirt. Or pj shorts and a tank in the summer.

I like Old Navy's sleep pants. And also the Gilligan & O'Malley line @ Target.

Yahoo! I'll be seeing you in a week! A WEEK! I can't wait!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I would look like a total idiot in that first one! Thanks Victoria Secret for making me feel like a fat slop! :) hehe!

I normally sleep in the old worn out tshirts or sweat shirts & I try to find PJ bottoms on clearance wherever & stock up on those... sexy, right?

Lauren W said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE pajamas! It's a problem. I'm trying to work through it.
Anyway... My absolute favorite brand is Nick & Nora from Target. They are so comfortable and have the best patterns. They also just released this year's winter collection :)
Have fun at your sleep over, and I hope you find some pajamas that you love!

brainella said...

Why would she strap that poor baby to her? Dang. That is very peculiar.

I love flannel. It's comfy. Most of my stuff is mis-matched, old and full of holes. :)

BBB said...

I highly approve of the plaid of course.

But... I'll be arriving in my nasty butt pink heart pants and VERY non-matching yale t-shirt cause it's COMFY.

Where are my slippers?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I have been meaning to write a similar post for so long. I need to take pictures of my PJs. But now that you mention it...I really don't have anything cute. It's all comfy stuff. And new? Sigh. I cannot even begin to tell you how old some of my pjs are!

Anonymous said...

My mom in law buys everyone new pj's every x-mas it's so great!!!!

Jen said...

I like the second from the bottom, those would be my style.

CaraBee said...

That one with the baby is killing me! It's like Kuato on Total Recall, which is to say, MEGA WEIRD.

And the first one? Is not sleepwear. It may be for the bedroom, but it's not meant to stay on for long.

I generally sleep in camisoles and shorts, which you will probably see me tooling around in PF. I can't sleep in a lot of clothes. I'm no nudey, but I get hot easily and I hate being hot.