I finally decided to sign Gabe up for a session of gymnastics at our awesome YMCA here in Lebanon last month. He had been begging to go into that magic room of balance beams and rings and bars for the past year...a three-year-old's paradise. His teacher, Miss Nicole, had to have been hand-picked for him; she is the mother of twin boys similar to Gabe in age and energy level (one of her son's names is even Gabe). Although following directions and taking turns turned out to be quite a challenge, he did great and was always very excited to go to the Y on Tuesday mornings. I loved to hear him talk to Mamaw and Papaw and Elijah and Isabel about Miss "Cole" in "gymnaskicks". I took these pictures at parent observation day, the last day of class. And even though he really liked it, I think we may try soccer skills for the next session. That boy has so much energy to burn!

Waiting (patiently) for Miss Nicole to come and open the door at the start of class.
Learning to log roll...not too shabby.
I love the expression on his face. "Balance, Gabe, balance!"

One of Gabe's favorites: hopscotch!

We are blessed to live so close (5 minutes) to our Countryside YMCA. Check back this summer; I'm sure I will be posting lots of pics of us from the pool there. We go at least three times a week, and the kids never get tired of it. Gabe has even started swimming underwater at the inside pool, so I know he will be loving it this summer!
Now I'm off to bed...I worked last night and went to work out with Becky this morning, and I can finally admit to being tired. (But I will still see you tomorrow, Becky!). Have a great day!
2 comments:
I love 3-year olds! Gymnastics is a great activity for Gabe.
We can't wait to hit our neighborhood pool this summer.
My kids have no interest in anything but swimming lessons. I'm grateful for that now...although I've offered soccer, "gymasticks", and other activities.
I guess that will come later. Till then, I'll relish the minimal activities we're committed to.
But, that log rolling sure looks like fun!
Post a Comment