
Nooo, not Disney...my happiest place (in Tennessee, at least) is this outlet mall. We got some awesome deals, and the best part was that it was "Tax-free Weekend"...how lucky is that? I have raised some good shoppers; Elijah, Isabel and even Gabriel had a great time going from shop to shop, although all Gabe really wanted was a "ooo Hot Wheel". I promised him a visit to KB Toys if he was a good boy, and it worked! One of my favorite stores is The Children's Place; it is the best I have ever seen. For $134, I filled a huge bag with outfits for all three kids...summer stuff, fall stuff, and pajamas! There is something so satisfying about getting a great deal! We didn't just shop, though; we rode carousels, ate ice cream from a vending machine (the kids thought that was so cool, for some reason), relaxed and had coffee and hot cocoa at Starbucks, and generally had a great time. God bless Tanger Outlet Mall :)


These next pics were actually from our last day, when Daddy and Papaw took the boys to the Go-Karts and the girls spent some more time at the outlet mall. Isabel was feeling very grown-up...she is just too darn sweet, that girl. After buying her some new earrings at Claire's, she said to me "Now we need to find something for you, Mom". How many 8-year old's are that mature? Not many, I imagine. I did finally find a few things for myself, although the search for the perfect bathing suit did not pan out. I HATE trying on bathing suits! Just when I think I am looking pretty good, working out three days a week and eating fairly well...then I get in that dressing room with those fluorescent lights, and I want to cry. Well, I digress...The rest of this day was great, and our ride home was uneventful, except for Gabe's tears when he realized that "Bo-vaction" was over and we were back at our house. Poor baby, I know how he feels. Vacation is fun.


I loved this picture of the two of us. I hope we have many more moments like this, just being together and enjoying the day and loving being mother and daughter. I am so blessed...I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but I feel that it's so important to count your blessings. Do you know that old church hymn, "Count Your Blessings"? One of my favorites. Here are the words:
When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,Count your many blessings, name them one by one,And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one,Count your blessings, see what God hath done!Count your blessings, name them one by one,And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,And you will keep singing as the days go by.
When you look at others with their lands and gold,Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buyYour reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
So, amid the conflict whether great or small,Do not be disheartened, God is over all;Count your many blessings, angels will attend,Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
All I can say is "Amen" to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment