Thursday, April 3, 2008

Backyard Break

Driving to the YMCA for my workout yesterday, Gabe was in the backseat hollering "SUNSHINE!" over and over. Yes, indeed, we had an entire day of sunshine, though the temp was only 50 degrees (I'm not complaining, really, just wishing for sun and say, seventy degrees?). Anyway, after a fun Cracker Barrel lunch with Mamaw Kay, we headed to our backyard and played and played. Gabe was in the modeling mood, telling me to "take a pitcher" on everything different thing he did. He is so freakin' cute, and those of you who know me, know the rest of the sentence..."it saves his life". Gabe is my busiest baby by far; I just hope he settles down enough to do well in school. He is adorable, sweet, funny and so loving and friendly to everyone, but wow, does he keep me on my toes! Trying to get housework done this past Monday was like climbing Mt.Everest with a three-year-old on my back, know what I mean? I was the meanest mommy ever by 4pm, yelling and ready to cry myself. That being said, I was determined to have a FUN day yesterday, and for the most part, it worked out just fine. No time outs, no yelling, just laughing and talking and hugging and playing. Today, more housework. Gabe woke up in a river of pee, despite the overnight pull-up, so I've already done a load of laundry, packed lunches, cooked breakfast and got the older kids off to school. A cup of coffee and my computer, with Dora on in the background...my day has begun. Remember sleeping in until 10am on your days off? Those days are so gone they don't even seem real. Strange how kids can totally change your life, isn't it? Not that I would have it any other way! Really, I wouldn't!










Hope your day is filled with more fun and less pee-soaked laundry than mine :)


2 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Omygoodness...we have more in common than I thought! Pee-soaked mornings...those darn pull-ups aren't absorbent at all sometimes! My kids sleep so heavily that we're having a hard time with the night-time potty breaks. Sigh.

Your work schedule is sounding appealing to me...just a couple shifts a week...I might be able to do just one...just to keep up my skills and feel like an adult with intelligent conversation. The recruiters call weekly...still have a nursing shortage here in TX.

Enjoying your blog!

Honorary Indian said...

P.S. I also COMPLETELY RELATE to wanting 4 kids...but stopping after the 3rd. Mine is somethin' else, too. Wouldn't trade him for the world, but I do believe I have my hands full with what God has given us.

3 is a great number!