Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring has finally sprung!


When I was in grade school, kids would say "Heather Feather knows the Weather"...pretty goofy, but you know the humor of a bunch of 8 and 9 year-olds. Well, if I could just copy and paste this forecast for the next two months, I would be ecstatic! Spring has finally arrived here in Lebanon! My tulips are blooming, my honeysuckle are covered with pale green leaves, and my strawberry plants are overflowing out of their planter box. I love it! Stepping out onto the deck and hearing the birds sing, catching the scent of our neighbor's freshly cut grass, being able to go outside without a coat/hat/gloves; these are the best things about living in Ohio. I would so miss the change of the seasons if we moved someplace warmer; although if winter was a little shorter, I would not complain.
I had a great time at Stamp Camp yesterday. I will post some pics of the cards we made later...I forgot to get my camera out, I was having so much fun. It's so nice to get the chance to be creative and relax and talk with other people while making some really cute spring cards (and eating yummy Ghiradelli brownies!). Can't wait to do it again next month.
Off to the Y to work off said brownies (and the Smokey Bones pulled pork BBQ that Joe brought home). Get out and enjoy the weather, y'all!

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Y'all! Ohioians say Y'all?
Out this way the plants have a problem distinguishing between winter, fall, and spring!

Honorary Indian said...

I always check the weather...want to know how to dress. I like the Heather knows the weather...cute!

Sounds like your days are warming up! Come visit Texas..we're in the mid to upper 80s...and summertime is bound to be scorching!!!