Thursday, April 24, 2008

Smokies or bust!


Yay, vacation! We are escaping for a three-day weekend to the Smoky Mountains, Tennessee, and we are so excited! I have about three million things to do today, so I'm sure this will be my last post until we get back. Promise to put some pics on here next week.
Gatlinburg is hosting an annual wildflower show while we are there, so I'll bet it will be beautiful. Out of all the seasons that we have visited, spring is by far my favorite. Autumn is pretty, too, but I just love seeing the explosion of color after a winter of dreary gray. There is so much to do for families...hiking, eating, shopping, playing games and cards, lounging in the hot tub at the cabin, and best of all...reconnecting and just being together as a family. Vacation is a LOT of work for the mommy, but so worth it in the memories we are making.
Please pray for traveling mercies as we make the five hour drive in a van filled with four adults, three kids and a puppy :) Thanking God for our TV/DVD player in said van...when you think about it, five hours is only three movies away!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your trip is a success! I will be at that same wildflower show, as I live in the Foothills! I hope your drive is a good one. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Honorary Indian said...

Oh, yeah. Praise the Lord for that car DVD player invention.

You'll have a wonderful vacation...no matter how much work it is. You're right...Mommies DO work hard to make sure it's all gonna go smoothly, but once you're there try and relax.

Take lots of pictures!