Sunday, January 31, 2010

This kid...

This kid:


scored seventeen points at his basketball game yesterday.

got all A's on his report card (except for a B+ in art...how do you get graded on artistic ability anyway?).

dreams of making it big as a left-handed pitcher for the Major Leagues, then moving to Australia ('cause he likes the way they talk, as in "g'day, mate" :).

is an incredible big brother to Gabe, always playing with him and making a big deal of Gabe's accomplishments, even covering him up with a blanket if he's chilly.

is so smart and athletic and funny, I can't wait to see where the future leads him.

I just love this kid.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Don't you just well up with pride? I know I do.

You're a great mama!

Anonymous said...

His Grandma thinks he's pretty awesome too!

Rebecca Jo said...

A young man in the making! :)

brainella said...

This post made me smile. Not only is he a great kid, but you are a wonderful mom! :)

CaraBee said...

Oh Heather, that was just the sweetest post! I love seeing proud mamas with their babies. It gives me such a warm fuzzy. For real.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

WOO HOO!! That's awesome! He is making his momma proud!

Suzann said...

El is just awesome!!!
You are just oozing pride. I love that about you.
You're such a great mama.
You are making one great man!!!

As a gal who wasn't so keen on art who has children who rock it - I too want to know how you can grade anything BUT effort in art OR music.

I say we protest. LOL

Joe said...

Dad is very proud of him too.

Brandy said...

Who wouldn't love a kid like that?! Success must run in the family. :-)

mep said...

What a kid! What a mom!

G'Day, indeed!

Katy said...

Well if he needs somewhere to stay i Australia - i'm here!

Congrats on having grown such a wonderful man :-)