The bigger the book, the better.
I know, I know, that's not always the case, but I do love me a good, long book. (That's what she said :)
One of my favorite books of all time, Stephen King's "The Stand". I love Stu. Sigh.

Ken Follett's best novel, hands down. Love, love, love this book. I've read it at least five times, and am so excited it's being turned into a television mini-series! Oh, I can't wait!


And my current book, weighing in at 1072 pages (my heart be still!). I love Stephen King, and while Barbie may not be Stu, he is already a lovable character at page 251.


So what about you? Do you like big books, or do you stick to the skinny novels? What book do you wish they would put on the big screen?
13 comments:
I just LOVE books....big, skinny, in between....as long as it's a good read.
I LOVE all books. My aunt brought me a grocery bag full of used books. I squealed and did the happy dance...oh yeah, I don't care if they are big or small, I just love them all. Yeah, I can hardly wait for the mini series of Pillars of the earth
I'm not a Stephen King person. I did enjoy Pillars of Earth but I thought it was WAY too long. I was pretty happy to see that they were making a mini-series. I'm interested to see how they handle certain parts of the story.
I like big books. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.
I don't like those big books. It takes me waaay to long to read them. But good for you.
I didn't know they were making a mini-series of Pillars of the Earth! I love that book and, like you, have read it several times. It is a personal favorite. Strangely, I have never read The Stand. I have read just about every other Stephen King book.
As a side note, years and years ago, I waited on Mr. King in the restaurant where I worked at the time. He was very nice. Good tipper.
Yes. I LOVE Big books. But, now I'm going to have to whack you as I will be singing this song all day long.
I believe you know that The Stand is my very favorite book of all time. I have Pillars of the Earth, but never read it. I haven't read King's new book, but I've seen it.
Books into movies? Those scare me. Most fail miserably. But, there is one book that was beyond amazing for me and if it could be done well, I would LOVE to see it at the theatre. It is called 'The Art Of Racing In The Rain'.
I'm just cracking up at your title... totally making up my own lyrics now to the rest of the song of "Baby got back"....
I like big books if they are REALLY good stories, because you dont want them to end... I have to check some of these out!
As long as it holds my attention because I have BADD (Book Attention Deficit Disorder). I'm terrible about not finishing books. If I don't like it I just never finish it. I just turned one back into the library that I got about 100 pages into and I just could not continue. It didn't hold me.
Plus, if it's so heavy that it makes my arms hurt, then I won't read it either. That's all she wrote....:)
Books of any size are my friends. If the story is interesting I can read 5 pages or 5000. It's about the story for me.
I read "The Stand" a long time ago and I'm thinking I need to revisit it.
The Stand is one of my alltime favorite books. And I just love stephen King anyway. I think they did a good job with the Stand as a mini series. My mom is reading Under the Dome right now and just loves it. I am impatiently waiting!
I have never read Pillars. I obviously need to get it from the library. Or maybe I'll wait till after the mini series so that I won't be disappointed!
You know, there is such a huge hub-ub about Outlander being made into a movie. And that one just scares me. There is no way that they can truly capture it. Unless HBO got it. And turned it into a series. That could work.
Amen.
I second the love for your title! Hilarious.
I'll read anything of any length. If the story is compelling and the characters well done, I'm in.
I will also even listen to audiobooks of any length. This summer I listened to Lonesome Dove. It took about a month, but it was awesome!
OH MY GOD!! I am reading THE SAME BOOK!!! How cool is that!.
I am up to page 424 - i am getting really annoying at the character Jim Rennie - i want to punch him!
I love Stephen King books and have been reading them since i was 12...
Post a Comment