Monday, January 11, 2010

Who Knew?

That after visiting Lula last summer, Elijah would become determined to be an X-Box 360 owner. (Thanks for sharing your man-room, Scotty.)

That Joe and I would give in and actually buy said X-Box for him for Christmas.

That hooking up X-Box Live would be so complicated, even for computer-whiz-Joe.

That even I would love it, too!

As Elijah says, the graphics are amazing!

The ability to play online with other people through your game system on your own TV is cool.

And the absolute best part? Netflix on Live. You can log onto Netflix, pick out your movie (or TV series...hello, LOST!) and then load it right onto your system and watch it immediately.

Even though I was skeptical of having another game system in our house, I can now say that I love this one!

Anybody else have X-Box Live with Netflix? Any good movie suggestions? Wanna join me in a game of Lego Indiana Jones?

7 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We have a wii...and no one has even asked for an xbox. Which is a good thing I suppose :-) I heard about the streaming with netflix. I cannot do the play now option because our computer is too slow. Is it the same stream to do it through the xbox??

And we have been doing the LOST rewatch...in season 3 now. I am loving the rewatch...oh my the details!!

CaraBee said...

We have PS3 which has the same Netflix streaming thing. I did not know we could watch Lost on there though!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Nope, don't have that one! I probably would never see my husband if we did!!

LOST starts soon!!!! YAY!

Melissa said...

I missed this train leaving the station.....We are so behind the times when it comes to gaming, texting and laptops. I'm jealous of all you gamers-who-can-watch-movies people. There. I said it.
Eric and I have talked about it because of our new TV. We got an LCD HD Flat Screen for Christmas. Now we just need the stuff that makes the picture look good. Maybe when tax refund gets deposited.

Rebecca Jo said...

I bought my husband an xbox 360 about 3 year ago... & havent seen him since :)

We LOVE Netflix on it though. So convenient to catch up on old movies & TV series...

And yep, its how we see the grandbaby with the web-cam on there...

If I could ever get on & knock my husband off, I'd totally play you in a game :)

Brandy said...

We have an XBox 360 but it's not hooked up for live gaming. We also have a Wii, playstation 2 and the original XBox.

And now my husband wants a blu-ray player so that we can do the netflix streaming. :)

Suzann said...

UGH. We have every game system. It's a sick sick house I live in. But, honestly, the games aren't over played. Thomas loves playing COD on XBox. But I won't do live. Nope, no I won't