Looking at the calendar today, I realized that we still have six weeks of summer vacation left.
Working so much this summer has been a bit of a bummer. I like the extra money, but I will be glad when I can cut back in September.
With my busy schedule, I have to be intentional, and plan things for us to do. I told the kids to list three things that they really want to do this summer.
Gabe: Go to a beach; go to Cocoa Key (an indoor waterpark); go to Entertrainment Junction (an awesome train playplace).
Elijah: Play baseball; play football; go to King's Island.
Isabel: Visit Lula; get pedicures on a mommy-and-me date; go shopping.
So far, so good. I think they'll all get their wishes fulfilled this summer. Stay tuned for pictures of our adventures.
What about you? What do you still want to do this summer? What about your kiddos?
9 comments:
ugh. I always set out with the best of intentions and fall short. I have a few things I promised we'd do this summer, but it's flying past me. I need to get to the city to do the museums with Thomas. We are also supposed to go down to Springfield to see the Lincoln stuff. Aaaaaaahhhhh!
Summer is flying by - isnt it? I just told hubs that we need to start thinking about Christmas... I thought he was going to faint!
In May...it seemed that summer was just dragging. And now we are flying as fast as we can to that first day of school. We even started getting school supplies this weekend. We really don't have fun things planned for the summer - we are doing Disney in September. Just tennis lessons and swimming. But I have got to get my curriculum set for Katie's homeschooling...
I love Isabel...
"Go visit Lula."
OK, so you KNOW we are TOTALLY gonna have to get pedicures together. The 4 of us. I'll look into that now. The boys can fend for themselves.
Poor Caroline...maybe I'll let her stay with Nanna or Memaw Kim, so that she doesn't feel left out.
(Notice I didn't offer to bring her with us. No way. That wouldn't be relaxing for any of us!)
Wow....they are pretty laid back kiddos!
Summer is going by way to fast!
We are going (as a family!) to visit Johns family in Georgia this weekend. We haven't been as a family in about 10 years.
I look forward to the pictures!
Sorry you have been working so hard....like I have said before...YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!! I couldn't juggle your job and raise 3 children and a husband!!!
summer is going fast and then they are days that seem to drag by. Sounds like you are going to have some fun adventures coming up.
A question, how do you get the comments to go to your e-mail? I can not figure it out. :(
Don't freak me out like that, Heather! I saw the title of your post and I thought you were announcing a new little bun in the oven....:)
Oy. Me and my hubby are with our youth this week at camp. My kids are staying with my in-laws. Next month, we are supposed to go down to the Keys for our annual Lobster trip. We'll see.....right now I just want to sleep in my own bed. The break from mommying has been nice, though. I miss them, but just being able to flat iron my hair without interruptions has been fabulous.
We have only 4 weeks until school starts... Aug 12th is the first day of school! Yikes!
I took the girls to see a movie yesterday. I think we'll pretty much spend the rest of the summer at my mom's pool!
Post a Comment