Friday, July 31, 2009

Isabel, Joe and some cheesecake

One of the things that I love about Joe is how much he loves our babies.

One of the many ways he shows this love is by spending special time with each of them.

Last week, he invited Isabel to go on a date with him.

She accepted, happily.

She wore her new pink maxi-dress and had me fix her hair and do her makeup.

Then she posed for a mini-photo shoot in our backyard.



Oh, this girl is just so beautiful, inside and out. Her sweet spirit shines through that smile, don't you think? And keeps on shining, even when she's not smiling...





Their date took them to the mall, then to The Cheesecake Factory (I was a bit jealous).


One other thing I love about Joe? His ability to capture the perfect photograph.


She is such a character! (And that cheeseburger is as big as her!)


The two of them had a wonderful evening together. I hope Isabel wants to keep up this tradition as long as the two of them are alive. I loved going on "dates" with my dad (usually to the movies). The memories of these times will be so special to her when she's older, I am sure.


"Of all Nature's gifts to the human race, what is sweeter to a man than his children?"
-Marcus Tullius Cicero







10 comments:

MarciaBrady said...

Awww...that is so sweet!! I didn't really go on "dates" with my dad, but we used to go fishing together, or build things together and work on cars out in the garage {though I mainly just watched and handed him tools}, I totally loved the time we got to spend together!

And, I'm sure Isabel will remember it always. He is a good photographer!! I was secretly wondering if you snuck in on the date to take the pics until you said he knows how to get the shot.

Suzann said...

What an wonderful post. I've been trying to do that with my kids. I am going to suggest this to Bryon as something that would be great to do with Caitlyn. Give that Joe a big ole hug and say that I think he's an okay guy, despite what they say about him. Then give Bella a squeeze and tell her that she's one very lucky little girl and to never ever forget that. As for you, well, you already know you rock.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh my, this was such a beautiful, sweet post!!

Isabel is a very beautiful little girl.

I'm sure Joe & her will keep up this tradition. I, too, feel it is so important for a daddy to spend that one on one quality time with his daughter.

John still has that with our girls...I feel those dates from the time they were little is what made them so close to their daddy!!

Oh and yes, Good job Joe on the photos!!

Cammie said...

that is so precious. what a young lady!

Rebecca Jo said...

How corny am I... I actually teared up at this...

That is the sweetest thing that your husband wants to make your daughter feel special... what a way to put that into her & let her know how important she feels & how she should feel for the future men in her life...

She looks beautiful too all dressed up...

Dang - why am I crying? Just precious!

Ashley said...

I love this. If our little bun in the oven is a girl I'm suggesting she and Lucas must do this in the future. Wonderful bonding moments they both will cherish.

Melissa said...

My hubby and I have always said we were going to do that with our kids. We try, but our schedules get really crazy. We need to make it a priority. Especially the girls. Thanks for the beautiful reminder. Isabel is so lovely!

CaraBee said...

That is so sweet! What a great memory for Isabel! When Sophie gets older, I am definitely sending her on "dates" with her daddy.

Jen said...

That is so awesome that he does that. I still remember going on 'dates' with my Dad.

Lula! said...

RUN...go download my beloved Paul Simon's song, "Father and Daughter." It will make you sob, as it does me...every single time.

Precious post. Precious father and daughter. But where's the yellow nails? (Ha--Libbey was over it within a matter of days!)