Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lulaville Overload...(Don't say I didn't warn you)

Lula and I have been planning this trip for months, so excited to get our kiddos and our husbands together for a long weekend.

This post, chockful of many pictures, is the story of our bloggy meet and greet.

After driving in the van for five hours, making our way through traffic jams, random police checks and little old ladies putzing down the country roads, we finally made it to Lulaville aka Pennington Gap, Virginia.

Gabe and Caroline hit it off pretty well, with Caroline only being slightly intimidated by Gabe's overzealous behavior...

Within five minutes of meeting each other, Libbey and Isabel were already well on their way to becoming friends (I had no doubt about this...they are both the sweetest things ever).


I loved the way Caroline called me "Head-er" in her adorable southern accent.


Poor Elijah was the odd man out, with no boys his age to play with. He kept himself entertained with his new cell phone and playing video games with Scott and Joe in the man-room.


"Dinnertime!" Look at those well-behaved children...


Joe sitting at the kids' table, enjoying our delicious dinner.


We stayed up late, we talked and laughed and carried on, the kids did some night-swimming, then we woke up to Lula's homemade pancakes and headed out for a girls' day to get pedicures.

Libbey and Lula, simply stunning.


Me and Isabel, excited for her first pedicure ever!


The girl at the salon gave them the full treatment and made them feel like a million bucks.


Lovin' the blue polish...


After a yummy Panera lunch, we headed back for an afternoon swim. The weather was gorgeous, 80 degrees and sunny, and my skin was aching for a tan. The view in these mountains is to die for!


Even Isabel got up the nerve to jump off of the diving board, after seeing Gabe do it :)


Hmmm, not exactly bikini material, but it'll do.


Elijah learned to wakeboard, after many attempts.

Thank goodness we took advantage of the nice weather, because by the evening, storms rolled in and stuck around all day on Sunday. We went to the Mount Carmel Baptist Church with the Litton family, and enjoyed a great service (it was not too long, Lula). Look at these sweet faces:


For our last dinner, we decided to go into town to eat. Caroline just had to ride in our van with Gabe, which melted my heart.

I love this picture of Scotty with his baby...what a great dad!


Monday morning came entirely too soon, and we had to pack up and head back home to Cincinnati. And even though we all had an incredible time, this sight always makes me happy:


Coming into town from Kentucky, knowing we are almost home.


Lula, thanks for an awesome time and for being such a wonderful hostess. We had fun, so much that when Gabe woke up this morning, he stated that he wanted to go back to Lula's "right now!".

Next time, it's our turn to host, 'kay?

12 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

What fun!!!

That view of the mountains is gorgeous!!!

All the kids are just beautiful!! Love the photo of them dressed up for church. All those pretty dresses. I always dressed my girls the same like Lula did.

Glad you had such a wonderful trip and that you made such a great friend through blogging!

Rebecca Jo said...

Looks like a perfect trip!

Pools, pedicures, friends, well behaved kiddos... yep - perfect trip!

HiHoOhio said...

looks like all had a blast!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

How fun! After the girls and I met Lula and her girls for lunch one day...Lula invited us up anytime for a diet coke. My girls keep asking when we are going to go do that :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome trip - great pictures!!

CaraBee said...

What a great trip! Now I want to see the pictures from after the kiddos went to bed and the adults had some fun! Because I'm betting the good times went on into the night.

Lula! said...

I love Cara's comment...should we tell her that we crashed and burned every night, 'cause we were SO TIRED????

Love these pics...except the one of me, of course. Dude, I'm all hunched over and stuff. Lame.

We're so glad y'all came...Caroline keeps asking when you're coming back and Libbey is really missing Isabel. Oh, and it's been sunny...yesterday and today. Of course. Sigh...

We love y'all!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Lulaville overload? I don't believe there could be such a thing...

Glad y'all had a great time. This just makes me so much more excited for EE'09! I can't wait!!!

Jen said...

That is so awesome!!! What a great time you all had. I am so glad that your families hit it off together.
Just one thing, next time let me come too.

Suzann said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad that you had fun. Awesome pics.
Welcome home!!!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Glad you had a great time! I AM SUPER JEALOUS!! It looks just beautiful there.

MarciaBrady said...

Sounds like a good time!! I think it's sooo totally awesome you've met Lula through blogging and become friends and take trips to see each other!!

And, those mountains do look absolutely gorgeous!! Looks like a perfect place to live.