Well, you get the idea.
I was having a hard time coming up with something to blog about, until I read Angie's post today and decided to join her in the "List of ten things you might not know about me" meme.
Here goes.
1. I am the youngest of four girls. Two of my older sisters I love dearly and talk to often; the other one, I haven't seen in years. And I'm okay with that, even though that sounds awful.
2. I still miss my dad a lot, even though he's been gone for four years now. Sometimes when I'm missing him, I get really pissed at him for smoking all those years, even though I begged him to quit.
3. I always thought I would have four babies. For awhile, I held out hope that I might convince Joe to have a fourth. Now that Gabe is almost five, I'm really content with just having three healthy and amazing kiddos. (Gabe counts for two kids, I often tell myself!)
4. I hate my nose. And my varicose veins on my legs. If I could afford cosmetic surgery, these are the two things I would fix.
5. I really love having short hair. And even though I used to be a towhead blond as a kid, my natural color now is an ugly dark dishwater brownish-blond with gray. Thank God for good hairstylists and dye.
6. I love my job. If I had the choice of staying at home versus working part time like I do, I really think I would still choose to work. I have the best of both worlds, and it's good for my kids to be with their dad when I'm gone, and it's good for their dad to know that I'm still a woman of independent means.
7. I had a lot of cats in my childhood, and they all met their deaths in very unusual ways, through no fault of ours. We called it the "Klenk curse", and I still can't believe I've had our cat, Sugar, for eight years now.
8. I used to be very shy. Until I was once accused of being "stuck-up". Then I swore I would talk to everyone, so that people would know that I am truly not a snob. Now, there's not a shy bone in my body.
9. If I could afford it, I would buy a Homearama house (like the photo), making sure to have a garden room full of scrapbooking supplies and photography stuff. My dream is to be a famous scrapbooker someday, along the lines of Becky Higgins.
10. I have been blogging for almost two years now, and I enjoy it more now than I did when I started. Meeting other women online (and sometimes in real life) is something I never would have imagined doing!

There you have it, ten things you never knew about little old me.
Wanna play along? Go ahead, we're all dying to know more about each other!
11 comments:
this is great. I like getting to know you better.
I enjoy these kinds of post!
I have 4 sister's and I talk to only 1 on a regular basis. Two of them I talk to every now and then and the other sister that is 3 years older then me and lives an hour away just stopped talking to everyone about 2 years ago. And I am OK with it!! Good to know that you feel the same...I thought I was a jerk for feeling that way.
I always wanted 3 babies....we tried so hard for 4 years to have that 3rd and we never got pregnant. I look back now like you said and am glad that we didn't. You made me giggle when you said Gabe was 2 children in one!! I hear the after the 2nd child the baby of all children is always the worst!
I am right there with you on the varicous veins!!! I have had mine since I was 16 and hate them!! Meg has them now.
Oh, I love Becky Higgins!!! I wish I could get motivated to get back into scrapbooking!
Don't work so hard this week!!!
Love getting to learn more about you!!!
I think its awesome you love your job so much & how perfectly it fits in your life!!!
And I'll buy the Homearama house next to yours! :) We can sit & scrapbook & knit all day :)
We all need to start our own "crafting homearama" neighborhood! We would all blog together and scrapbook and it would be perfect. And there would be a cosmetic surgeon who lived very close by and did complimentary procedures (like erasing varicose veins) because he thinks we're the coolest group around. Yep, that's it!
And I could totally see you as the next Becky Higgins! I can't wait to see your albums in November!! I'm heading out tomorrow to spend 48 straight hours scrapbooking at a friend's house. Woo hoo!
I used to be a Creative Memories consultant. But I don't have a crafty bone in my body. I should bring the inventory I have left in November for you all to take!
And I need to do this meme. Since I seem to be struggling with things to blog about. Of course, sleeping off all my drugs makes it difficult to DO anything to blog about!
I love this stuff, finding out interesting tidbits about people! I have one sister and two stepsisters, so I am one of four girls, (I'm second oldest) but I only talk to two of them. Weird, right? But I NEVER wanted four babies. NEVER. I've just about decided that for my 40th (5 years away, thank you), I'm going to get a boob lift and get all the spider veins removed. A treat for me. And Neil, mrrow.
I'm so tired...but you MUST know that I love you, because yours is the only blog I've read today. True Story.
I'm taking a nap now.
And dreaming of that house. And you coming to see me in TWO WEEKS. Amen.
How many husbands do you have again?
Number 2 has given me that extra bit of incentive i need to keep not smoking , it's been two weeks now and you (and your dear Dad) have reminded me how important it is not to smoke.. thankyou.
I love that I'm not the only one who hates my nose. I've learned to just embrace it as I've gotten older because my hubby loves me just the way I am so I guess I should, too.
If I wasn't out of town and extremely busy, I'd share the other 9, but sadly, I must get back out to the pool...:)
TTYS!!! Love ya!
p.s. I think you are a beautiful woman! From everything I have been able to learn about you from blogging, you're wonderful!!! I can't wait to meet IRL.
Hi Chicka! I love this post.
A couple of strangely parallel universe things for us again.
Post a Comment