One year later she was pregnant with their first baby, a boy, who they named Elijah.
One year after that, she was pregnant with their second baby, a beautiful girl they named Isabel.
Isabel was due to be born on December 31st, 1999. AKA Y2K. Remember all that fuss?! Thankfully, she obliged her momma's hope that she would be born early, and she even came before Christmas. So sweet, from that very first day.
I wish my scanner worked. I wish we had had a digital camera back then. Because then I could show you just how stunning this little girl was, from the beginning. And you could see the progression that I have seen, watching her grow from that tiny little seven pound bundle to this:

I'm hoping for a new printer/scanner for Christmas, so I can do just that. But until then, this will have to do. Not that it matters too much. Pictures on a blog can't even begin to capture the intense love I have for my daughter. She fills a hole in my life that I didn't even know existed. She is so smart, very artistic, and has the wisdom and maturity of someone twice her age. Her faith is amazing, even at this young age. Her prayers can move mountains; of this I am certain. This is the girl who prayed for God to put a baby in my belly, and then we had Gabe. (Although she thinks God got His wires crossed, 'cause what she really wanted was a sister.) I am honored to be Isabel's mother. I am sure God has big plans for her, and I love being a part of those plans. Watching her grow into this lovely creature has been, and continues to be, an awesome experience.
Nine years ago, my daughter was born and I fell in love with her on the spot. That love has grown to unbelievable proportions, so big my heart can hardly contain it. I can't wait for this day to begin. To celebrate with Isabel and our family. To show her exactly how special she is. How loved.
To think it all began so many years ago, with the dream of another little girl...
22 comments:
What a beautiful post. You can just feel the love.
Happy Birthday Isabel!
I stopped over from SITS.
She is so beautiful Heather....this post made me all teary...there is just something so special about a mother/daughter relationship...I cant wait to see what mine will develop into over the years as my daughter grows up!
soooo....about that 4th kid????
I have tears streaming down my face reading this, Heather. It is beautifully written!
You can just feel the love you have for Isabel glowing through the computer screen.
Mother/Daughter relationships are just amazingly beautiful!
So kid #4 in the future? Does Isabel need to lay hands and pray again?!
Girl don't you know about the tissue warning. You know I cry anyway all the time. But a little warning would be nice. ha
Beautiful post. Love it.
That was truly beautiful. I wish I could put my feelings into words like you do, (I type this as tears are rolling down my cheeks). There is nothing more beautiful than watching you little girl grow into a woman. You can see some of what she will be when she is grown already.
I am working on some pictures for my post as I type this also. My scanner works, so watch for them soon.
Happy Birthday Isabel! Have a great birthday!
What a beautiful tribute! Happy Birthday Isabel!
Beautiful Post.
Beautifully written.
What a gift you have:)
What a pretty girl you have. Happy Birthday to her!
How beautiful, you are one blessed lady! Happy Birthday to Isabel. Have a wonderful Christmas! i am going to have another crack at sending the poster after the Christmas, i think i am going to trim some off the sides... Stay tuned :-)
What a beautiful post and what a beautiful girl... she is blessed to have you and you are blessed to have her.
Happy Birthday Isabel!!!
Aw, that is just so sweet. I got a little teari-eyed. She is just so beautiful, really. You should get her into modeling or something. You have one amazing beauty on your hands not just on the outside but on the inside too.
That is so beautiful! You and Isabel are very lucky to have each other and the other members of your family.
I love your portrait of her...and such a sweet post about Mommy love. I hope that all those sentiments are still there today. The day after that slumber party.
And...ummm...what happened to baby number 4??
Happy Birthday Isabel!!
And Isabel's mom, I know exactly what you mean! In 1 week is the Girls' b-day!
Happy Birthday, beautiful.
Heather, you are blessed. She is absolutely gorgeous.
I pray your relationship with her just continues to grow.
She is GORGEOUS...I mean, STUNNING. Like her mommy. Even though she looks like her daddy.
Loved this post, Heather...you are so brilliant.
Your daughter is beautiful. You must be so proud. I know that it is great to see you children follow the Lord.
Great post and she is sooo beautiful - you can feel light beaming from that picture! That's something really special and is so rare!
She's a beauty...boys will be knocking on your door before you know it.
Hey SITSTA! How sweet. Your daughter is very blessed to have a mommy who loves her so much.
She is breathtaking, Heather. What a beautiful tribute!!
Post a Comment