Sunday, December 14, 2008

Spin Cycle

A few months ago, my washer went on the fritz. We decided to get a front-loader, which I had been lusting over for years (yep, I'm pathetic, lusting over a washer). When we went to Best Buy, they had a great deal on a floor model, and we bought it, loading it up into Joe's truck and bringing that baby right home.

Joe is a great handy-man. But it took a lot of trouble-shooting to get the darn thing to not go off-balance during the spin cycle. If you have a front-loader, you know that it sounds like a jet engine preparing for take-off when it's on spin.

We finally have it (mostly) to the point where it doesn't go off-balance. However, the spin cycle is still loud, and shakes the washer a lot.

I was gonna bug Joe into trying to fix it yet again.

But then Gabe decided this was a good time, begging to get on top of the washer everytime it starts shaking. And he has so much fun, laughing hysterically up there, pretending he's at King's Island amusement park...I just don't have the heart to change it.

Maybe once he tires of this "ride", then I'll have Joe look into it. For now, we'll be enjoying the excitement of laundry day and the spin cycle.



13 comments:

Cammie said...

well now, I must say that is the first time I have thought of a kid enjoying the spin cycle...lol

angi_b72 said...

lol...that is such a cute smile!

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK I'm with Cammie, I've heard of "enjoying" the spin cycle, but it ususally involves 2 ADULTS!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Haha...he looks like he is having fun!

Yay! Spin cycles can be lots of fun!!! hehe

Becky said...

Hate to tell you, but even when it is "balanced" it shakes the whole house. Ours is balanced and the repair man told us that is as good as it gets when you have a washer on the 1st floor instead of the basement like we do.
So looks like Gabe doesn't have to worry about givin up his laundry day ride:)

Kori said...

I love Gabe! He ROCKS!

Michelle said...

You better watch out. You may have created a monster. He sure does look like he is enjoying himself (maybe a little too much) and it figures Betty knows how much fun it is!

Shannon said...

I was going to say, "kids and their cheap thrills"...


but I guess a brand-new washer really isn't cheap...

Suzann said...

I love that kid of yours!!!

But, I have to say, I've owned two front loaders and mine have never gone off balance. Even when I've washed king size comforters. And, I abuse that bad boy something fierce.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love your description of the front loader. And you are so right! The noise is unreal. When we were looking for a house, we didn't want a house with a washer hook-up upstairs because of the noise. I think it could shake the house down.

And I didn't know that boys would get a thrill from the spin cycle :-)

Jen said...

my washer sounds the say way, like a rocket ready to take off. Glad Gabe is enjoying the ride.

Lula! said...

Ditto Cammie's comment.

Not that I know from personal experience or anything.

Ashley said...

Haha! What entertainment!