Truly, I love to receive awards, I really do. Except when they have lots of "rules" to go along with them. Unless I am in a "blog funk", I usually don't follow all the rules by passing it on to a certain number of people who meet a certain criteria for that particular award. It kind of reminds me of those creepy emails you receive where bad luck will befall the ignorant recipient that doesn't forward it IMMEDIATELY to ten other people. Yeah, creepy.
Not that awards are creepy. Just the rules.
So, upon the suggestion of Kat from Sunshine and Lemonade, I have created my own "rule-less" award, one which cracks me up every single time I hear it. I have only seen two episodes of The Office. But I have repeated this quote about a thousand times, mostly at work and a lot in Lulaville (I think Scott laughed every.single.time.).
Here are the rules of my rule-less award. If you have EVER used this quote in an appropriate context, or inappropriate as the case may be, then you may pick it up here and take it with you to your blog. I know it's not fancy, but my goodness, it is funny in so many ways.
How, you may ask?
Consider this: "Honey, can you open my beer? It's just too hard."
Office Response: "That's what she said."
There are so many ways in which this phrase can be used, I can't even think of them all. What I do know is this: it is always funnier at 3am, when you've been drinking, surrounded by friends of both sexes. You can also interchange the phrase "that's what HE said", if necessary.
So take it and run with it. Even if others aren't laughing, you will be. Just ask my husband. For some reason, he doesn't think it's that funny. But at work, KB and I can laugh our asses off for hours on end just with this quote. Seriously.
Feel free to dress it up, if you're able. It won't hurt my feelings at all...just as long as you let me know so I can come by your blog and steal the updated version :)
Not that awards are creepy. Just the rules.
So, upon the suggestion of Kat from Sunshine and Lemonade, I have created my own "rule-less" award, one which cracks me up every single time I hear it. I have only seen two episodes of The Office. But I have repeated this quote about a thousand times, mostly at work and a lot in Lulaville (I think Scott laughed every.single.time.).
Here are the rules of my rule-less award. If you have EVER used this quote in an appropriate context, or inappropriate as the case may be, then you may pick it up here and take it with you to your blog. I know it's not fancy, but my goodness, it is funny in so many ways.
How, you may ask?
Consider this: "Honey, can you open my beer? It's just too hard."
Office Response: "That's what she said."
There are so many ways in which this phrase can be used, I can't even think of them all. What I do know is this: it is always funnier at 3am, when you've been drinking, surrounded by friends of both sexes. You can also interchange the phrase "that's what HE said", if necessary.
So take it and run with it. Even if others aren't laughing, you will be. Just ask my husband. For some reason, he doesn't think it's that funny. But at work, KB and I can laugh our asses off for hours on end just with this quote. Seriously.
Feel free to dress it up, if you're able. It won't hurt my feelings at all...just as long as you let me know so I can come by your blog and steal the updated version :)
10 comments:
Shane and I say this to each other all. the. time.
And now that you've asked for examples, I can't think of a single one! Crap.
I can't believe you've only seen two episodes! This is one of my favorite shows, evah!
Sometimes I'll just use that line just cause....My brother and his friends use it just to annoy people and they are good at it too.
Confession, I've never seen this show. It is probably during the time when I am not in control of the remote, which is most of the time!! But love your award! Looks great and yes, you've piqued my interest!
I think I may be the last person on who who does not watch this.
This is one of my favorite shows!!
I love that quote!
Great job on the award!!!
You know what is so funny about the Office? Is that I don't watch it...but I think I've seen every. single. episode.
I end up "seeing" all the shows that my mom watches - like Desperate Housewives and Grey's because I am in the kitchen on the computer while she is watching in the living room. I hear it all. And can even help her out when she's confused.
And my husband is addicted to the Office. And he usually watches it while I am reading in bed. I think I have gotten it all by periphery :-)
I've seen every single episode of the Office at least twice. Best. Show. Ever.
Never seen it. Guess I will have to watch. The only thing I watch on TV is Lost and American Idol. How can that be? What the hell do I do all night? Wander aimlessly around the house all night? Probably, it's called OCD. I never sit down.
Oh well, I love it anyway. I will come back and get it later, since today is only about visiting, not posting.
Merry Christmas dear sister. Much love to you and your family. Talk to you tomorrow and see you Friday. Can't wait.
Merry Christmas, Heather!!
Enjoy the day tomorrow with everyone!
You know how we feel about this saying.
That's what she said.
Post a Comment