Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Something's in the air...

Something is in the air today...

At least five different times, Gabe has broken down in tears, looking a lot like this, (but with warmer clothes on):

And when Gabe has a day like this, you can only imagine what my day is like. I have gotten nothing done today (well, other than hop onto SITS nearly every hour to get my name in the proverbial hat). No laundry, no cards made, no Christmas shopping or even decorating done. AHHH!


Wednesday will only be more hectic, between exercise (which I desperately need) and work (which I also need, for the money as well as some time away from the photo above).


Oh, my goodness.


If I seem a bit overwhelmed, it's because I am. After this busy weekend, I'll be feeling a lot better. Oh, and if I ever get my frickin' vacation money so I can buy some Christmas presents; I'll be feeling a lot better then, too.


C, I think I'll be needed that Robitussin toddy right about now...

18 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Do I really get to be first.....

So sorry that you had one of those days. I think in the end as the mom we just want to sit down and cry cause it has been so frustrating. I too am waiting for a check to come so that I can get Christmas shoping done, do they not understand that we also have deadlines to meet here on the home front. Her's to hoping that yours comes soon!!!! At least we were not in the mess of black Friday, people have lost their minds!

MarciaBrady said...

I can't believe they still haven't sent you your check!! Did they ever get the insurance thing situated?

Sorry you're overwhelmed! It is that time of year. I'm sort of freaking out about possibly having to come back to work right now. If I do, I'm not sure how I will ever get caught up on my homework and get my projects done. Isn't there someway I can still make money and not have to go to work? haha

So, what's this "mess of black Friday" The Queen is talking about?

Well, I hope your week gets better!!

Michelle said...

Sorry. Hope today is a little better. Call me if you need to vent. That's what I am here for. Three times yesterday not enough? You didn't sound that bad on the phone, so you are holding together pretty well considering.

So, anyway, I WON!!!!! Can you believe it. I won the coffee and Annlee Designs. I will share the coffee with you.

Becky said...

Don't you worry. Things will get better today. We will start the day off with our Nazi exercise class, and be so thankful we can breath afterwards, and made it through alive, everything else will seem like cake.

Ummm cake...sounds good with coffee...{{hint hint}} Michelle!

Lula! said...

I deeply love people who have Hank Williams on their blog.

There's a tear in my beer, too. Is there one in your Mike's Hard????

For real.

Melissa said...

I have taken an oath of "yellibacy". I am not going to yell at my kids today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Parents magazine had a great article about this very thing. Some days, it's just too dang hard.

Sometimes I wish I had an outside job so I could let someone else who's better at this than me raise my kids....just thinkin' out loud. I know God has assigned me to this job, I just don't feel like doing it sometimes.

Hang in there....Heather. You're not alone.

BloggessJ said...

I'm sorry things haven't been going so well. If it's any consolation they screwed up our flooring order yesterday...and we're in the process of getting our second snow storm in three days. That's one of my all time favorite Hank Williams songs! Love it!

Ashley said...

Awww! Poor Thing! His life must be so hard to do all that crying! ;)

I'm sure this will soon pass and he'll be filled with Christmas joy!

Jen said...

Oh I hope he is better today. Some days, we just need to cry. Hayden had days like that.

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I feel your pain. I am trying to complete four dance costumes by Saturday morning and my lovely baby has been a bear this week! Sometimes it feels like you just can't catch a break.

Good luck! I hope your check comes soon!

And if I won the Diana Gabaldon books I really would send them your way ... really...

Anonymous said...

I hope things start looking up....

BBB said...

Grrrr... Gert gets like that... if it's bad it just stays bad for quite a while...

I hope today's been MUCH better

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

awww...I hope things got better today with Gabe!

Lucky you for working....Momma needs that break!

I be ripping someones head off if I didn't get my check!!!

angela | the painted house said...

It's that time of year, isn't it? I hope you had a more productive day and feeling better!

@TiffanyRom said...

The Boy gets like this when he is growing...

Ugh, theses kids. Always in the way of us winning fabulous prizes.

Well, when I say "we", I mean your sister.

Shannon said...

Hope you have a better day!

Don't feel too bad... I didn't get much done yesterday, either. Or today for that matter!

Suzann said...

Somehow I missed this post. I hope that what I'm about to say sounds as encouraging as I mean for it to be.
As the mom of teenagers, I want you to know that although these days of tears and tantrums and little ones who seem to drive you to the edge of sanity seems beyond what you can handle, these ARE the easy days. So, if you have to stop and give Gabe some extra love and cuddling or put him in his room and have yourself a good cry, then go ahead. But someday you will look back on these days and WISH they were lying on the floor crying - trust me on this one.
I know that all of this, especially at this time of year, is so beyond overwhelming that you want to scream, but remember that whatever gets done, gets done and whatever doesn't will still be there tomorrow, but babies aren't babies forever and sometimes they just need their mama.
Love ya girlie.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

My life seems to be a series of "one of those days." Some better than others. Some where I am just ready to lock myself in a closet and suck my thumb. I think this time of year can just be overwhelming to us...and the kids just know it. Hoping that today was a bit better for ya :-)