
Last year, we found a GREAT deal on a tree at Home Depot. It was huge! It was beautiful! It was only $25! It started dropping its needles before we even got it in the door... (It was probably cut down in September).
We learned our lesson, and we knew what to look for in a tree this time. We searched high and low,


'til we found the one that was just right. Look, there it is!

Oh, yeah, this is the one! We all agreed, the price was right, and after trimming off the bottom we loaded it into the truck and brought it home.

Elijah wasn't too interested in helping with the decorations, but Gabe and Isabel were thrilled to be a part of it. We played Christmas music (loudly), sang and danced and hung ornaments and strung lights and found the perfect spot for each of our decorations. We are now officially in the Christmas spirit, thank goodness. I was beginning to have my doubts that I would be feeling it this year.

Gabe cast away all my doubts, however, when he decided to listen to my heart with my stethoscope (which he dragged out of my nursing bag). After a silent moment of intent listening, he declared in an amazed voice, "I hear Jesus in your heart, Mom!".
Oh, my. Indeed you do, son. Indeed you do.
May we all have Jesus in our hearts this holiday season, and may the rest of the world be able to hear it, stethoscope or not.

24 comments:
That was nice. Thanks Heather, I needed that.
Glad you found your tree.
From the mouths of babes, huh?
Aww..sweet Gabe! That does put you in the Christmas spirit!! Glad you had a good weekend. Can't wait to see you tomorrow (and burn off said weekend)
Awwww, that is so cute!!
And yes, you can play church hooky to get your Christmas since you have Jesus in your heart!!
love it! and i'm jealous. we have to do artificial...it might be good though. we might end up like clark griswold and fam... :)
"I hear Jesus in your heart"
Sweetest thing said by a child, EVER
Okay - now you made ME cry! No fair - too early and it's a Monday.
What a beautiful story. I'm glad you got a tree.
Geez making a sister cry first thing on a Monday Morning. Man oh man.
I love Gabe.
Too sweet.
Awww. I love that Gabe hears Jesus in your heart. He should. Since he prayed so loudly for Kori :-)
I love your tree...and the adventure getting it. We have an artifical one. Because my throat would close up with a real one. But it...along with all of our Christmas stuff...is still in our attic. As I contemplate how to deal with "kittius destructicus" - yes, that is their scientific name...
Absolutely precious words coming out of that son of yours.
Funny....mu daughter got out my mom's stethescope last night to see what her "temp" was!! lol
I see scrooge has left the building and the tree fairy arrived! We got ours in the snow Saturday too....it was at the Kindervelt Sale in Wyoming. I will post photos tomorrow, I am working at church today!
Glad the mood is changing....let me know if you wish to shop or lunch!
Merry Christmas! What a sweet post!
that is beautiful, the tree and the statement. I love them all.
Wow, make sure that one makes it to the scrapbook. How cool is that?
I'm glad you all got into the true Christmas spirit.
Great photos!! We decided to do a fake one this year. As painful as it is, with two 17 month olds...it has been a lifesaver!
Awesome!
The whole thing - just Awesome...
Christmas Spirit, indeed.
That Gabe... how does he come up with this stuff?!!?!? What a sweetheart.
I SO love that child. He hears Jesus in your heart...yes he does.
He is going to be my son-in-law one day. And Caroline will be Caroline Kelsey--tell me that is NOT the best name ever? And girl, we will be in-laws and it will be fantastic.
Libbey's marrying Tiffany's son. So then we'd all be family, in a roundabout way, and oh my head...we will pawty all the time!
What a sweet soul he is...precious moments like that make it all worth it!!! I love your tree, it looks so wonderful and I can just imagine how it smells.....
Your son is so cute! Glad your family found the "perfect" tree!
Look at that snow!!! How lucky to go looking for a tree in the snow!!
Loved all the photos!
How cute is Gabe!
Someday I want to do a trip to a tree farm, I haven't ever done that. I still have nightmares about real trees from the days my mother would leave them up til Easter and the needles would be stuck in the shag carpet for a year.
Aysha got so confused. We haven't discussed anything about Jesus during Christmas. I used to have a hard time with Christmas because I feared God would be upset with us for having a tree and all (I study with JW's) Then I decided one year, I would celebrate Christmas with just Santa and leave God out of it. Because it isn't Jesus real birthday anyway. We talk about that later and also celebrate it later. But then on my road trip I found a Christmas station. Of course all the songs were mostly religious and Aysha wanted to know why they weren't about Santa! So much for leaving Jesus out.
Post a Comment