Thursday, December 4, 2008

I needed that!


Last week I received an award from a fellow blogger, Wife O Riley, for being a blog that "encouraged" her. What she didn't know was just how much I was the one needing encouragement, and this award totally brightened my day.


I pride myself on being a positive person, handling the problems that come my way with grace and a good attitude. Something I forgot: God doesn't like pride. Leave it to Him to knock me down a notch, so I will realize that I am not at all above feeling overwhelmed, just like everyone else. Okay, God, I get it...now can I get back to being in control (even though that is just an illusion)?


Passing this award on is easy. It requires no rules, your computer will not explode if you don't post it within 24 hours, your friends will not sigh at yet another meme they are "assigned" to do...really, this is a great award. Take it with the knowledge that you encouraged another woman/mommy blogger/friend with the thought that she is not alone in her life, that you have been where she is, and that we're all in this together.


So many of you have encouraged me on any given day. These are the people who stick out in my mind today:


Heather and Tiffany, for all the SITS love (even thought I didn't win a single thing for SITmas)
Kori, her strength and faith are amazing
Lizzy, the most honest person I know
Betty, who is just so stinkin' sweet (and adorable)
Jen, my nurse friend and mom extraordannaire


I could keep on going, but I'll limit it to these ten fabulous women for now. Thank you all so much for your kind words, your ability to make me laugh, and your friendship. I love you.

7 comments:

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Congrats on your award!

A movie huh? Hmmm...I am sure it will be hard to fit all those words into 2 hours...

Michelle said...

Thank you, thankyouverymuch.

Love you.

Glad you are doing better.


Wife O Riley Rocks!

Jen said...

You know this award is just you. I am so glad that it was passed onto you. You are a truly wonderful, honest and encouraging person. I can alway count on your comments and posts to be up lifting. I am so glad that we 'met' and are getting to know each other. I love the little look that I get into your life. You go Girl!
Oh and thanks for passing it onto me.

BBB said...

Awwww - fank you very much!!! That's SUPER sweet of you!!!

Tiffany said...

Right back at ya sis!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Congrats on your award and for those that you passed it all on to. I ditto your reasons for them, they are all amazing people that share something in each post. We get to laugh, we get to cry and we get to feel for them. It makes life not so hard to endure when there are so many that we can share life with and they get it. I am so glad that you got it just in time.

PS- I am loving the banter from you and Caroline. I might just have to give you both extra entries for making me laugh over it all. Check back tomorrow for the big winner.♥

Lula! said...

I. Love. You.

Forever and ever AMEN.
xoxo