Monday, December 15, 2008

Wordless Wednesday Wannabe

I was gonna save this photo for a Wordless Wednesday post...

I'm not sure how well y'all know me by now, but it is virtually impossible for me to do anything wordless.

It is just not in my genes. Or my jeans. Whatever.

Anyway, this Saturday we had Gabe's preschool Christmas program, in which we watched our sweet four-year-old boy stand still as a statue on the stage (has a ring to it, huh?), not singing a single word of any of the songs, but being very well-behaved nonetheless (not one potty word was uttered; nope, not a one).

After the concert ended, we traipsed into the gym for donuts, juice and coffee, and a chance to visit with Santa.

Oh, the joy! Elijah and Isabel were too cool for Santa, so Gabe went it alone.

You know those kids who are terrified of Santa, as if he's the Grim Reaper himself, armed with a candy cane instead of a scythe, garbed in red velvet instead of a black cowled robe? The kids who are so frightened they can't even breathe, much less speak?

Mmm, yep, Gabe is so not one of those kids. Never has been. He and Santa are clearly BFF, and I'm pretty sure Gabe has him talked into a job as Santa's helper next year.

"Whaddya think, Mrs. Claus? Should we sign him up?"



See, I toldya...
No wordless Wednesdays for me.

19 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

You had me so confused! All I saw was Wednesday on my blog roll and I know I am tired but really to think tomorrow is Wednesday! lol

He is too cute, he looks like an angel. Course, looks are so deceiving aren't they!! lol

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh forgot to add, Aysha had a Christmas dance recital today. My battery went dead as soon as she started her dance. I got off a few pics before it started but that was it :(

Michelle said...

Something is wrong with that picture. He does look like a little Angel, that can't be.

I wanna see pictures of the Christmas program. I can't believe he would stand up there and not move. I need proof. LOL

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That picture is too freaking adorable! Oh my he is a cutie!!

Heathersmom said...

I always knew he was too cute for words. The look on Santa's face is priceless, like he has been listening for hours! My sweet little Gabe. Love, Mom

Cammie said...

That is SO SO cute! Love it. and yeah, I have done one wordless wed...Im not very good at it.

Kori said...

Gabe looks a little nervous with the wringing of the hands and all. Wonder if he thought Santa would bring up the sailor mouth? Hmmm... He is such a handsome little guy.

BBB said...

That is ADORABLE!!!!!

He's such a cutie. And why am I not surprised he wasn't afraid of Santa...

Melissa said...

He sooo looks like he is rubbing his hands together like,"Okay, Santa, are you ready for my list? We're gonna be here for a while."

Sooooo cute. Glad no potty words were uttered at the Christmas play:)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love that picture! He just looks like he is plotting and planning :-)

And I am like you. Never wordless on Wednesdays. So I finally renamed it Wordy Wednesday. Of course every post that I do would qualify...

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

So. Stinkin. Cute.

Jen said...

You show play Woedful Wednesday at Seven Clown Circus with Angie. We are all too wordy for the wordless stuff.
Anyway, love the picture he is just so cute and I can't imagine some one Hayden's age standing still for the Christmas play. It must be the magic of the season. ;)

Lula! said...

I love him. He's such a good boy--look at that angelic face.

Becky said...

You have put a big ol smile on this sinus incrusted face! What a picture!

Debbie Y. said...

Gabe looks like a little angel.

Thanks for the comment love on my SITS FB day!

Heather said...

Look at that sparkle in his eye. He is the most precious thing ever!!

The Wife O Riley said...

That is the cutest picture. I'm sure he at least landed an interview for a job at the North Pole.

Suzann said...

That is one cute photo!!!
My little guy never ever wants to speak to Santa - he has thought he was one freaky dude since he turned 2. He met him when he was 1 and that was the end of it for him. For years we couldn't even tell him that Santa would be coming to our house. He's better now, but would prefer to admire him from afar - very afar. LOL

Merry Christmas girlie!!!

And for the record, I like your words.

Shannon said...

What a cutie pie! That photo is a keeper, for sure.

As is Gabe ;)