Road conditions may become hazardous.
Luckily, I got most of my errands done yesterday.
Un-luckily, there's a chance of a snow day for the kids. Which means a house full of kids and a husband (he's a teacher; he prays for snow days as much, if not more than, the kids).
The last time Elijah and Isabel were hoping for a snow day, they performed a little ritual. They flushed every toilet in the house (we have four). They each did a snow dance in their bedrooms. And they slept upside-down in their beds.
We had a light dusting, and they had school.
Needless to say, they were disappointed.
So, as I type this late at night, after the kids have gone to bed, I am saying a little prayer of my own. Please let this storm stay south of us. I have a to-do list a mile long, and I have to work in the afternoon. I cannot afford a snow day. Seriously, I'm all about having a white Christmas. Next week would be fine.

I don't know if you can even see the tiny snowflakes, but Gabe sure could. He caught at least a hundred!
22 comments:
We already lost 2 days this year because of the flood. If they call a snow day, Emerson will be in school forever this summer.
OH, I am right there with you. As a parent, I am not about the snow day. The last time we got snow - back in January - it was on a weekend - and no time lost from school. I'd love to see a little snow here. But with school. And without road issues. Maybe you need to do your own rituals!
No snow this morning. Oh no, it is going to start this morning on the way to school and work and continue throughout the day and it is all your fault for hoping there wasn't a snow day today. LOL JK
Anyway, hope you get your list done before work.
No snow here this morning. It is going to get nasty (so they say) this afternoon though! I would love to have a snow day!! I work about 45 min from home and wabt a day home with my kids!! lol
You can send the snow to central NC if you want to. I would welcome it heartily. We never get enough.
okay, word on the street here is to score a snow day you have to put an iced cube in every toilet in the house, sleep with your jammies on inside out and a spoon under your pillow.
I love snow days , too!!!
Hope you get your to-do list done today!!
OK...had to catch up on several posts. Trevor has that same shirt (that Gabe is wearing on the washer).
So. Was school canceled?????
This Texas girl loves that you wrote "ya'll" in your post.
I'll just call you an Honorary Texan.
I hope for your sake its stays away.
no snow yet and it is 10 30! yay!!! Yea, Jake had to flush ice down the toliets, and sleep with his pj's inside out....what's up with that??
I can't handle a snow day for the sheer fact that next week is the holiday break and they will be home enough!!!
(LOVE YOUR IDEA OF THE LISTS....LET"S DO IT!!!! ONE BY ONE!!!!)
I miss the snow, but not driving in it.
I love the snow but in the mountains please! It is snowing as I write and I just came in from shovleing. A white Christmas will not be a problem this year.
I have missed a few days and loved all the cute pictures of Gabe. He is so darling and I know that Sweet Boy would be right there with him on the washer and with Santa. Too cute.
Have a great day and I am so glad that your surprise made it.
OK I homeschool and they still pray for snow!!! But then it's such rarity here, I don't mind letting them off. And I'm like your hubby, I love snow days too!!
I don't know what it is about snow days but it seems kids are just on another planet on snow days, right? It looks like Gabe is enjoying the little snow flakes!
I love the ritual!! Hilarious!
Hope you get all your stuff done!
How come you did the dance and I got 5" of snow??!!! Keep your voodoo magic to yourself! LOL!!
I have a little something over at my blog for you. A little token of appreciation for the wonderful comments yesterday. Gee, I wonder which one you will like the best?
I love that your kids do snow dances...
...if we lived closer, we'd totally dance right along with y'all. And then we'd play Rock Band and drink adult beverages while the kids play outside--in the snow--because that's how we roll.
Well, we have had one heck of an insane snow storm and I (being crazy and armed with a big mama truck) ventured out to have dinner with friends. It took me 2 hours to travel 10 miles. BUT, we had a blast!!! Now I'm home safe and sound, it's still snowing off and on and now we're expecting an ice storm on Thursday, more snow on Sunday and Tuesday. Merry Christmas!! I would LOVE and hate a snow day tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
I hear ya! Let the snow wait until next week... I've got way too much to do this week!
Wait... what am I worried about? We hardly ever get snow here. I think the last time we had snow (other than just flurries) was back in 2006.
Hey! Guess what???
You won an AWARD!!!
I know it's hard to believe, but it's TRUE!
Come on by and get it while it's hot!
Matt
I left you an award today on my blog! Go get it!
Post a Comment