Monday, December 22, 2008

How to Survive a Slumber Party...

First, limit the guest list to three girls only. This allows room for compromise when your daughter wants to invite fourteen of her (closest) friends. You look like a nice mom when you "give in" and let her have five.


Next, order pizza in, have your husband take the boys out to dinner, and let the guests frost their own cupcakes. Less work for you, more fun for them. Warning: the combination of Coca-cola, pizza and chocolate-frosted cupcakes makes for a very LOUD group!


Take lots of pictures. You never know when you will get one that actually proves the theory that you CAN"T LICK YOUR OWN ELBOW!


Yep, even Addison from Hihoohio couldn't resist the urge to test the theory...


Enlist the help of the birthday girl's older brother to assist with Rock Band set-up and play. Make sure you get a video of the spectacular singing to put on your blog (can you say blackmail?).
















Last, but not least, make sure you have plenty of pharaceutical help for the inevitable headache coming your way.

I actually didn't need these until after Rock Band :)


Thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers sent my way during this stressful time :)

It was really one of the best birthday parties we have had. Just ask Isabel...

15 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Soda pop, chocolate cake and 6 little girls giggling!! What fun!!!

It looks like it was a super fun party! I'm sure Isabel will forever remember it!

Oh and yes you are the cool mom for letting her have 5 friends!

Love the video....blackmail indeed!

Becky said...

Oh, she is gonna remember that forever...what a great mom you are! It was so worth the headache:)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love it! Especially their version of Roxanne. Which syched nicely with the version playing on your blog :-)

She and Katie should compare notes - they had similar parties. And Katie's birthday IS New Year's Eve. Even though she was due on the 17th.

WheresMyAngels said...

My husband is playing it on his PS3 right now! Oh my head! This is after I spent two hours listening to the girls sing to Sing It on their Wii. Mercede is the WORST singer you could ever ever hear.

Yes we have all the game systems, PS3, Wii, Game Cube, Xbox360. Cause after all, I do have a Child Husband. None of these systems were bought with the girls in mind;)

Glad they had a good time. Happy Late Birthday!

The Wife O Riley said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. You will definitely go down in the "Cool Mom" book for this one.

Melissa said...

Ok dawg. I just tried it. Nope, you can't lick your own elbow.

Isabel, call me next year and I'll tell you how to get your friends to wet the bed.....it's so cool.

Heather....get some rest. I hope you recoop before the 25th.

BloggessJ said...

LOVE IT! Looks like it was a GREAT time!

Cammie said...

glad to see you survived!!

Ashley said...

How fun! Looks like it was a huge success! I love the idea of letting the girls frost their own cupcakes - I bet they did, too!

Just checking on everyone while I'm in Colombia! Merry Christmas!!!

Michelle said...

Guess I lucked out on this one. Danielle never wanted to have more than 2 girls stay over at one time, but did we have some big parties in the town hall basement! Remember those.

Isabel will remember this party. I still remember the one mom let me have and we had a seance and Barney the dog ran in the room and scared everyone! I also remeber the the surprise party she had for me. Try that one next year. Good Times!

Jen said...

What a great party! I am so coming to the nest one.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Ooo Heather, thanks for all the tips! Girl will be 3 on the 28th so we're having a cake party. I'll file this under future parties!

Get this, I've had as many as 9 boys for a sleep over here, joining my 3!! 11 boys..... sleeping over.... BEFORE the Wii!!!What was I thinking!

HiHoOhio said...

Thanks for having 5, hope we did not put you over the limit!!! Looks like fun and they have finally caught up on their sleep!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I must be on something - Cause I can't wait for the girls to have sleepovers!!

You are an Awesome mom!

I would love to move anywhere but here right now - and scrapping, listening to music and drinking sound like just what I need. BUT I don't think the hubby would agree to OH. BUMMER.

Thanks for the prayers. Maybe one day it will stop snowing. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cranberry juice is very good for you...even in a Mike's. You're very healthy.