Friday, March 14, 2008

What a Week!




At the beginning of the week, Gabe and I had so much fun playing in the snow. It warmed up to about 50 degrees, melting the snow a bit and making it super easy to build an awesome snowman. Gabe was in the mood to pose, so I got lots of pictures that day. Check out the snow drift on the side of our house! This is about the only way I will play in the snow...when it's not too cold to freeze my fingers off...
On our Wednesday morning Wal-Mart run, we ran into some local firefighters getting their lunch at the deli. Gabe had to run over and say "hi" to them, and they invited us to come to the firehouse anytime. Well, of course we took them up on it, and on Thursday we picked up Mamaw and Will and headed over to the Lebanon Firestation. I can't even tell you how nice they were, especially this fireman named Russell. He let Gabe climb into every fire truck, touch the knobs and dials, "drive" the truck, and even posed for a picture for this crazy scrapbookin' mom! Gabe cried and cried when it was time to go, and Russell told us to come back anytime. What a great experience! Gabe has not stopped talking about it since.








I can't believe how fast this week has gone. It took me two days to recover from my blizzard experience at the hospital, and with the time change I have been so behind. We all overslept on Monday, and that set the tone for the entire week. I'm so grateful for the beautiful weather yesterday...sunny and 60 degrees...windows open, reading a book on the deck while Gabe napped, and grilling out with Bob and Kay for dinner. Those men beat us again at euchre last night...the only reason being that when we were in the lead, Isabel got into a bike accident out front, and I had to be mommy-nurse for awhile, and that totally threw off our winning groove. That was all she wrote. I really thought my tattoo would bring me good card-winning karma...maybe because it's not all the way healed yet?
Here's hoping everyone has a great weekend, and that spring is on its way!

1 comment:

HiHoOhio said...

I waws looking at old entries and saw this. We should have come here for spring break and seen snow!! Crazy!!!