Monday, March 3, 2008

New baby card!


I can't take credit for the idea of this adorable "onesie" card...found the template on Splitcoaststampers and shamelessly copied it. I love it! I have left the inside blank for now, so I can customize it to be anything I need (birthday, new baby girl, birth announcement, etc.). I also have plans to make some baby boy ones...just bought some cute blue polka-dot paper from Hobby Lobby to play with. No scrappin' today, though, since it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees and Gabe and I will be playing outside as much as we can. My tulip bulbs are poking out through the mulch, and while I love to see them, I'm nervous they will freeze later this week when it snows again. Spring is so close I can taste it! Yay!
When I was in grade school, I wrote a cheesy poem about spring that I can still remember. Here it is:
The sun shines bright through my window
Interrupting my dreams of spring.
Flowers and kites and romance,
Mingled with birds that sing.
As I lay on my pillow just thinking
Of the joy that such things bring,
I remember it's only February,
And we still have to wait for
Spring.
I got a blue First Place ribbon for that...too funny what sticks in your head after all this time, isn't it? I do love spring, though, and I can't wait to get my hands in some dirt and plant the flowers I get from the Black Barn. Not too much longer...at least we're in March now!

No comments: