Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break...memories


No, this isn't our spring break from this year. Last May, we took the kids to Myrtle Beach and spent a week at Coral Beach Resorts. This year we stayed home and did work around the house...much more productive, a lot less fun, still about the same amount of work for me :) Today was a nice day, sunny and fairly warm, and we were able to go swimming (at the indoor pool) and play outside afterwards. Joe has painted our bedroom and put up a chair-rail and new trim and put new grout on his mom's kitchen floor and played with the kids and put up with me. I am off of my groove, having everyone home all day long, having to cook all day and entertain and be nice...way too much to ask, to be quite honest. What am I going to do on summer break? I think I'll be picking up some hours at the hospital if Joe doesn't find something to do during those months. I love being home with the kids, but I cannot stand to hear the words "I'm bored" when their rooms are filled to the brim with stuff to do! Makes me want to donate all their things to the Salvation Army and then let them complain about being bored. What do you do about that?! I have two months to come up with an anti-boredom plan for the summer; one that doesn't involve a lot of money or travel, with gas being over $3 per gallon. Any ideas?
Hope everyone else is having a great spring break. Can't wait to see the flowers bloom...I am already loving hearing the birds chirping away every morning, and there have been more robins than I can count in my yard this week. I love it!

No comments: