
I signed Elijah up for flag football last September hoping that he would have a good time and make some new friends, which he did. What I didn't think of was the fact that I, too, would make new friends. I am so grateful that God put Jake on Elijah's team, and that Jake's mom, Becky, and I hit it off so well right from the start. I can't believe we have only known each other six months...it seems much longer. We are so similar it is downright scary sometimes! And now that we have broken Becky into the game of euchre, we can have some great times with our husbands as well. Tonight we all had the best time eating dinner, playing cards, and just talking, and the kids did great together, too. The only one who needed a timeout was Ellie, our puppy; a house full of seven kids and four adults was just too much for the poor thing.
Thank you, Mike and Becky, for a great evening. I hope this is just the first of many great times together for our families!
No comments:
Post a Comment