Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tattoo Mamas!







Can you believe it? We did it! On Tuesday, to celebrate Becky's (21st) birthday, we got in my cool mini-van and headed out on our tattoo adventure. First, we went to PF Changs to eat and drink plum wine, then we drove to Roy's Tattoo Parlor in Mason to go under the needle. What a night! A much different culture than what we are used to. Roy wore his holstered gun the whole time he was tattooing me (we felt very safe). Randie, his wife, tattooed Becky, and she did a beautiful job, although it took twice as long as mine did. We only cried a little (just kidding!). Isabel asked me if I screamed...Becky's kids wanted to know if there was a lot of blood. And although we know it's a little crazy, sometimes you just have to step out of your box and do something nutty, so you don't GO crazy with all the mundaneness (is that a word?) of being a wife and mom. So, yes, now we are officially "Tattoo Mamas", and although you probably won't see our tattoos while we are Krogering or volunteering at our kids' school functions, we will know that they are there, and we will feel so cool and tough :) Thanks, Becky, for a great time on Tuesday...I haven't had that much fun in a very long time. Now we have to think of something to do for my birthday in October!

1 comment:

Lula! said...

Smokin' hot. Seriously. I need to be a tattoo mama.

Wah-wah-wah...I want one! Do I sound like a whiny child? Good. That was the point!