Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The wonder of a balloon

the hot air balloon, that is.

We have a couple of local companies that provide hot air balloon rides, so we see them quite often.  It amazes me how excited the kids get when they see one, but they are never more excited then when the balloon flies right over our house.




Being the scrapbooking/blogging momma that I am, you know I had to run in and grab my camera to capture said excitement, right?  Wouldn't you?

As much as they love looking at the balloons, when asked if they would like to ride in one, the answer was a resounding "NO".  I have never been in one before, but riding that high in the air in only a little basket with a hot flame makes me pretty nervous, too.

What about you?  Ever been on a hot air balloon ride?

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I've always heard its so peaceful to be in one... that its very quiet & serene & you can hear conversations going on down below from the people on the ground... so as afraid of heights that I am, I really think I would do that... (wearing a parachute, of course) haha!

Suzann said...

No I haven't, but it's funny that you ask. Over the summer I begged my family to go in one at Navy Pier and they all refused. I think I would be terrified, but I would do it just for the experience. I'm nutty that way. But, I guess I'll have to do it alone.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I never have been in one and don't plan on it either. I am SO scared of heights. They are fun to look at. Gabe is getting older looking...

mep said...

I love to see hot air balloons against the sky, but I ain't never getting in one (poor grammar meant to accentuate my point). I'm a scaredy cat.

CaraBee said...

I'm a scaredy cat, but I would love to ride in one! One of these days I will.

Shelley said...

I stinking LOVE to watch hot air balloons. They appear so graceful and bouyant. However, home girl would not want to ride in one. I am so afraid of heights its not funny. Great pics though.