There are at least twenty books on my "To Read" list.
I did read "One Day" while on vacation, and it was good. Not awesome or even great, but worth the time I spent relaxing on the lido deck, tanning while absorbing the written word :)
While I was at the library choosing vacation books, though, I came across "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon.
I have read this book at least three times. I heart Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall big time. This series has the ability to transport me across the miles (and the years) until I am standing in Scotland, in love with a man in a kilt.
After finishing "One Day", I opened up "Outlander" and fell back in love. Reading this book just makes me happy. I already know what's going to happen, but I cherish each chapter as the story unfolds again.
Does anyone else do this? Do you have a favorite "re-read" that you fall back on? Any good recommendations to put on my "to-read" list? Do you heart Jamie Fraser?
11 comments:
There aren't many books I would re-read, but there are a few. The first book that comes to mind is The Stand (we've chatted about this). I'm certain that there are more, but my mind is blank this morning.
I've read Outlander at least eight or nine times. I re-read the whole series last year. :-) I am actually contemplating re-reading Gone with the Wind. I've read Killer Angels by Michael Shaara multiple times (historical fiction, Civil War).
I'm a historical fiction person so my suggestions flow that way. It's NOT everyone's cup of tea. :)
I totally have to check that book out.. .never even heard of it!!!
I'm good at re-reading books because my memory is so short - its all new to me again! :)
I need to read that.
I need to read more period.
I LOVE re-reading books - it's like visiting old friends. But since moving 80 times and such, I've let go of a lot of my books.
I am not much of a re-reader - but I do have a group of books I would call comfort reads. I might turn to them when I don't have a book, or I just want something familiar.
I want to know about the 20 books in your to-read pile! Are you on goodreads?
My re-reads are Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Scarlet Feather (Maeve Binchy), The Glass Lake (also Maeve Binchy), and Bridget Jones Diary.
I enjoyed One Day and look forward to the movie.
I just read Outlander for the first time. I enjoyed it for sure, but I don't think I'm obsessed. I wanted Claire to go back/forward to the 1940s so I could see how that worked and was bummed it did not happen. I plan to finish the series, but not right this minute. My favorite part is just contemplating time travel and if it's really possible.
Truth is that I can't even make a dent in my to-read list so I haven't re-read anything recently. But I do have my favorites and when I don't feel like starting a new story I will read something I'm familiar with.
Yes, I'm a re-reader.
Currently reading An Echo in the Bone. But since it had been awhile, I went back and re-read the other books to refresh my memory.
Others that come to mind that I've read again are the Harry Potter series and Hunger Games series.
Oh, and yes... I heart Jamie.
I am not a re-reader. In fact, I am sometimes not even a book finisher. I have started to read "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti twice and both times didn't finish it. It was good, but not enough to keep me going.
I would consider re-reading one book. "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen" by Syrie James. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so light and cheery. I am ordering her other book "The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte" with my swagbucks from Amazon.....can't wait!!!!
Definitely "September" by Rosemunde Pilcher .
Outlander has been on my list, despite Lula's protestations, for a while now. I'll get to it soon.
I visited Scotland a few years back with my best friend because we had read so many romance novels set in the highlands and along the lochs. It was awesome. I highly recommend if you ever have a chance. Related, the Scottish accent is almost impossible to understand.
Post a Comment