Sunday, November 28, 2010

On my mind...

as we move into the Christmas season, wrap up this quarter in school, prepare for Isabel's 11 birthday, try to get Joe's business up and running...so many things on my mind.

Thanksgiving was great, a smaller group than usual (only 12) but lots of yummy food and good company.

Tried to find a tree today.  Lots of dry ones (thanks a lot, drought).  Gonna wait another week or so.

Isabel woke up with a stomach bug today, and Gabe was feeling puny tonight.  They must go to school tomorrow...that's all I'm sayin'.  My to-do list does not include cleaning up stomach contents, thankyouverymuch.

I love Hobby Lobby.  'Nuff said.

I have about 16 more Christmas cards to make.  One of my favorite things about this season is giving and receiving cards with friends and family.  And although I don't do photo cards, I do love getting them.  We hang all the cards we get on our hall door...they make a fun decoration!  What do you do with your Christmas cards?

Trying to think of stocking stuffer ideas for the kids this year...I'm at a loss.  I usually do a new fun toothbrush (prob will for Gabe), but Elijah and Isabel are getting a little too old for some of the stuff I used to do.  I need some new ideas!

Next weekend is the horse-drawn carriage Christmas parade in Lebanon...one of our holiday traditions.  Do you have any favorite traditions that you/your kids just love?  Do share.

I'm all randomed-out now.  Must catch up on sleep.  Turkey overload has kicked in!

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

"cleaning up stomach contents"... oh my... that made my own stomach turn... Not another stomach bug!!! Hopefully its a quick passing thing!

I too love Hobby Lobby!!!!

Oh man - I never outgrow the stocking stuffers! The fun, cheesy stuff is the best to me! :) Loads of candy always makes a great stocking stuffer... you can tell them if they're TOO grown up for stockings, you can just put underwear & socks in them! :) haha!!!

brainella said...

Stocking stuffers -- I got a bunch of toys from the Vermont Country Store this year. They have a lot of older kinds of toys. CDs and holiday candy work well too. Oh, and thinkgeek.com. :) They have some fun little things.

BBB said...

Santa at my house has always shopped in health & Beauty aids... Toothpaste, toothbrush, body wash, shampoo, deodorant (if needed), new hair brush, socks, lip gloss, etc. I think I hadn't ever bought toothpaste until I was about 24.

CaraBee said...

My mom, for as long as I can remember, (although it probably started in tween years) has given us a bunch of goodies for Christmas that we counted as our stocking gifts. We call it The Box. I think you can figure out why. There's fun stuff, like candy and makeup but also lots of practical stuff, like toothbrushes and hair products and stuff. I don't know if I make a big enough fuss about it to her, but I've always loved it.

I put up our tree tonight. It's not altogether decorated, but at least it's put together and the lights on it. Honestly, I could just have a tree bare except for the lights. They're my favorite part.

Joe's new business? I'm so out of the loop. Am I forgetting?

Suzann said...

Love randomness.

My kids are way grown up and I always do a toothbrush. Not sure why though. LOL.

T will get Lego Mini Figures and Candy.

C will get her fave skin care products.

V will get candy and toiletries (his are much cheaper)

They will all get iTunes cards and a gift card to their fave place to eat/drink (Starbucks, Taco Bell, Jamba Juice...)

mep said...

We got our stockings filled for St. Nick's Day growing up, but not for Christmas. Let's see . . . toothpaste and toothbrush, Mambas, Lifesaver story book, Lip Smackers, cool pens, stickers, etc. Those are the items I remember.

I found some dollar store items for my kids St. Nick stockings and will also check the dollar bins at Target.

What do I do with Christmas cards? Save them and think about what I want to do with them someday.