Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Processing

my thoughts...

There was a full moon this weekend.  

I worked three 12-hour nights shifts in a row, during said full moon.

Suffice it to say that the hospital was CRAY-ZEE, with codes, deaths, screaming patients, altercating staff, unhappy doctors, upset nurses, etc.  When you're the one and only administrator present (during the night shift, this is me), every single drama gets laid at your feet.

I handled it all pretty well, but I am exhausted, physically and mentally.

No rest for the weary, though, because I had to wake up early today to study for my chemistry mid-term.  And in true procrastinator fashion, I decided to blog about it first while drinking my coffee and getting the old brain cells and synapses to start firing.

Anybody up for tagging along with me to class today?  You could help me name this structure:



'Cause I'm certain that when dealing with the aforementioned dramas of hospital life, knowing this reaction and it's component names will be essential...

NOT.

Please wish me luck, send me some prayers, think happy organic-chemistry-midterm thoughts this afternoon at 4pm.  Thanks :)

10 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I would name it Fred.... :)

I just saw on the calender about 10 minutes ago that last night was a full moon! I've always heard that makes it crazy at the hospital - guess its true, huh?

I'll for sure remember to say a prayer for you today.. that's when I leave work so it'll be a good reminder to life you up!!!! GOOD LUCK! (You might not want to go with my "Fred" name though...)

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Well 4pm has come & gone. But,....good luck anyway. I know you passed it! What the heck is that thing anyway?

mama's smitten said...

Prayers!!!! Im not posting but Im still following!Wish I could help you with the chem! Took it last summer .... to much time has lapsed!

Suzann said...

It's waaaaay past 4, but I am confident that you rocked it!

Melissa said...

yeah, um, I got nothing....I look at that and see legos....:)

Natalie said...

Oh dear Lord...No, I cannot name that structure. In fact, when I see things like that I RUN. Higher-level science makes me scared!

I hope your test was wonderful! I know you did well.

When I was teaching, our kids were OFF THE WALL when there was a full moon. I so get what you are saying and I've heard it is HORRIBLE in hospitals during a full moon. Bless your heart.

It is definitely an opportunity to show the world how Jesus works though.

OK...Do you want to slap me now?

Fill your cup up this week. You deserve it, girl.

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

Brandy said...

Oh goodness I can JUST imagine the crazy going on because of the full moon!

Maybe you should name that structure prozac. LOL!

CaraBee said...

I'm a few days late, but I know you did great!!

mep said...

Hope the test was a success! As an English major the closest I came to Organic Chemistry was my roommate who signed up for it, bought those scary models, and then decided pre-med wasn't for her about three weeks into the semester!

I also remember that everyone who took it called it "Orgo" which made me laugh.

What is that a model of? Just curious . . .

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

Why, oh why, are you taking Organic Chem? Are you on your way to becoming better educated than myself? Aaack!