July is here, and my garden is in full swing.
My first tomato was nearly an orgasmic experience. I sliced it, salted it, closed my eyes and could actually taste the color of red. If you're a tomato-lover like me, you know exactly what I mean. If not, you have no idea what you're missing.
The pole beans are growing up the lattice, and the butternut squash has nearly taken over...
Gabe loves the look of these little guys...VeggieTales, anyone? "If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smiiiile :)"
Next to the tomatoes, these are my favorite. The blackberries started turning dark purple this week, and every morning we can get a bowlful to eat with vanilla yogurt for a delicious breakfast. Not enough for a cobbler, yet, but I'm hoping.
Last but not least, Isabel's pride and joy, started from seed, nurtured in a pot then transplanted to the garden; her sunflowers are gorgeous, and attracting all kinds of birds (two adorable yellow finches are our favorite).
Oh, we are loving summer!
Now, who needs some squash?





8 comments:
There really is nothing like a great tomato from your own garden... "RED" is a great description!!! :)
Look at that little squash!!! That's so adorable... I love to grill up squash... YUMMMY!!! And now I feel bad for eating Bob & Larry!
Go Isabel - nuturing the sunflower herself??? that's fantastic! She should save the seeds at the end & bake them... I love doing that!
I am not a tomato person, but when you describe it like that, it almost makes me want to eat one.
My little container garden is coming along nicely, although nothing so grand as yours. Next year, I will dream bigger, get Sophie involved and grow so much more.
Looking awesome!!!
As for Veggie Tales...
I STILL can be caught singing their songs.
I need one of them tomatoes!
I miss veggie tales.
Tomatoes have been part of my life for oh-so-many years... ever since my parents taught me everything about gardening when I was nine yrs old. I cannot live without those ripe juicy delicious tomatoes! Mmmmmmm, so good. We were blessed enough to begin getting tomatoes back in June for once.
Nope, don't need squash here... oh my, we have such an over-abundance and can't give enough away, LOL!
Thank you for visiting my blog for the Kansas tour today. I enjoyed visiting with you and have put your blog in my favorites so I can come back!
Have an awesome and blessed yummy day! =)
Oh my word - we thought we would try a garden this year and let me tell you...I am absolutely horrid. I am so happy we joined a CSA because we are getting NOTHING out of ours this year and it's totally my fault! I'm going to try again next year and be a little more intentional...:) Beautiful! Great work, girl! OH - do you ever eat your tomatoes with freshly-sliced mozzarella cheese, basil, and basalmic vinegar? DEELISH!!!
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
Your description of your first tomato made me so jealous I almost went and plucked my only slightly orange one off the vine. I held out, though, and I SHOULDN'T HAVE. Check my post today to see why. (I linked to you!)
Tomatoes... YUM.
Hannah loves sunflowers... she wants to plant some in our backyard! Too late for this year, I guess...
Post a Comment