Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lego Mania

Since the age of three, Elijah liked Legos.  He would sit quietly and follow the directions, putting together his Lego sets and setting them up on his bookshelf, where they remain to this day.

When Gabe was three, he would just dump the Legos all over the floor and call it a day.

When he was four, he would throw the Legos at his siblings and the pets and call it a day.

Since turning five, he has turned into a Lego Creator.  He builds the most amazing ships/houses/guns/buildings you have ever seen.  He will sit for hours, not following any directions except those in his own head.  His current dream is to own a Lego store and design his own Lego sets.  For now, I have to take photos of his creations to send into Lego magazine:












While we played euchre with the in-laws, Gabe kept himself entertained by building a huge Lego pyramid.  He quickly got bored with that, though, and turned the pyramid into a sphinx.  All by himself.  From a picture that was in his head.  We were pretty amazed.  Can you tell this is a sphinx?



I love this Lego Maniac of mine!

9 comments:

Suzann said...

Awesome!!! Love it. He and Thomas would have soooo much fun together.

stephanie said...

he's a genius!

and this is good news to me with all the parallels you make between him and mason.

there is hope!

Rebecca Jo said...

Isnt that what he got one time with his spending money? A bag full of Lego's? ... he may grow up & be one of those lego construction people in Lego-Land... wouldnt that be a dream job!

fawn & fern said...

Awe, that's great!

I love the sphinx! Good job Gabe.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oops...that was me above....Tori was still signed onto her blog. HAHA

Jen said...

Hayden likes Legos too.

I just hate stepping on those suckers.

BBB said...

A. I can TOTALLY see the sphinx

2. When did he get so BIG LOOKING????

mep said...

Your Lego Maniac is so unbelievably cute! Have you guys been to any of the Legoland locations?

We play with Mega Blocks at Casa MEP until I get tired of picking them all up and hide them for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to Lego creations in a couple more years!

Michelle said...

Impressive sphinx.