We are three weeks in, and it's going remarkably well.
I love doing something with Isabel that the two of us love, and other than shopping, running is it!
This daughter of mine is nothing short of amazing! She and I have the same pace, which makes running together a great experience. And she has finally found a sport that she excels at...yay!

There are five other coaches on our team, and we get along amazingly well. I only knew two of the women before this; now we are well on our way to becoming friends. We have so much fun at the practices; it's hard to tell who likes GOTR better, the girls or us!
This is the Energy Award boa that we give one deserving girl at the end of each practice...I wanted a turn!
I am so proud of Isabel, and so excited to be a part of this experience with her. It's such a challenge as a mom to help each of your kids find their niche; I think this just may be one such niche for Isabel.
I'll be posting more about this after our 5K race in November...if you could leave a little comment for Isabel here, that would be great! She reads my blog all the time :)


7 comments:
That is so awesome that you guys have something that you like doing together.
I can't wait to hear more about it.
Isabell,
Wow, you look so great in the photos. Keep it up! I know that you are going to do awesome.
This is so cool!!! I think it's wonderful that you two have such a fantastic passion that you share :)
Isabel, you seriously rock! I've never been good at running, and I'm in total awe of anybody who is :)
I think it's very cool Isabel shares your love of running!
I wish we'd had the Boa of Energy when I played soccer in school. I might have tried harder. :-) It is really neat that you can share this time with her.
This Rocks!!!
I want an Energy Boa!!!! :)
Isabell,
That's AWESOME you can running with your mom! Not alot of girls get that special time with their moms - so enjoy every minute - even if it involves some panting & huffing! KEEP IT UP GIRL!!!
I think this is the most brilliant idea!!! What a terrific way to bond with your daughter!
Love the boa idea, too!
Post a Comment