Isabel was the first to fall.
Pretty mild, temp of 100, no appetite, over a 3 day weekend (no school missed, two pounds lost, yet to be regained).
Elijah was next.
Started last Saturday night, still having fevers along with no appetite, body aches and a horrible cough with a runny nose. Haven't weighed him yet, but no doubt he lost some weight, too.
Gabe dropped like a ton of bricks before my very eyes yesterday. He was totally fine, went to preschool, came home and within ten minutes went from happily telling me about his day to writhing on the floor complaining of his legs, head and throat "feeling funny", on fire with a fever of nearly 103. His is the worst cough, although his fever isn't as stubborn as Elijah's.
Joe and I are the only two left standing.
Thank God. Someone has to be the nurse/chef/playmate/housekeeper for these little sickos. At least Isabel is on the mend, and Elijah is feeling a bit better. That way we'll have backup if we do succumb.
H1N1? Don't know. The likelihood is "yes", but the treatment won't vary from what I'm doing on my own, so we stay away from the doctor unless the therapy of rest-fluids-tylenol-ibuprofen-cough-strips fails. Gabe is the only one making me a bit nervous; I have a hawkeye out for him.
The best birthday present I could get is a free pass from this bug. (Hint, hint, God. Prayers are appreciated.)
Are you and yours staying well and swine-free? Or have you gotten it and moved on?
15 comments:
Our house is full of sickness everyone but hubby - varying degrees. Like you said likely it is H1N1 but who knows???
We've all got colds but that's about it right now. Gert's the one I keep an eye on - her colds turn into ickey stuff more than Essie or mine.
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you guys got sick! I feel like i am starting to get something today but it is not permissible. i will pray for you guys!!
Oh no! I hope you do stay well. Wash, wash, wash those hands. I have come down with something. Horrible cough but so far the kids are fine. I am crossing my fingers and toes.
Dang it!!! It seems like its hitting the littles ones first! I'll for sure lift up a prayer for you two that you stay strong & healthy!!!!
Oh NO! Thomas had the flu last week, but no H1N1. I'm sick but refuse to rest - not this week, I can't. H1N1 is all around us though - scary. The schools are giving the vaccine to all students - we've gotten the letter and waiting for the final notice. Prayers being said.
Sorry to hear everyone is sick! We had the icks here last week, but we're all recovered. It's no fun. You need to stay healthy. You have a big weekend in, ahem, 14 days!
I'm sorry everyone is sick. Emerson had strep and a sinus infection. She still has a nasty cough, but is doing much better.
The other day when you mentioned Elijah having a temp of 103, my first thought was he's got H1N1...
Hope the kids are on the mend soon! And that YOU do not get sick!!!
sending strength your way. I hope that everyone is well soon and you do not get it.♥
Hope everyone is better soon. Don't get sick for your birthday. And since you don't have a birthday post yet.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love you.
Oh that's right....your birthday is the 29th, right?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I pray everyone gets better FAST!!! At least they have a momma who is a nurse!!!
Oh yuck. Here's praying everyone gets better soon or stays germ free.
Dominic has a cold but is fine. I'm good. The heart patient we stay away from and use lots of hand sanitizer. :)
Priya had it...but her strict quarantine kept her from passing it on to any of us. Well, quarantine and Tamiflu. That is one fine pharmaceutical. Praying for a healthy bday celebration. You're turning 29, right?
Wow...praying for you and your gang. No fun. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com
Post a Comment