Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Arachnids, go home!

Dear Miss Spider,

Please take your tea party elsewhere.

While Isabel and even Gabe enjoyed your books for awhile, and even your show, we do NOT like for you to bring your friends over to our humble abode.


Not every spider is as cute and friendly as you are.

And for some reason (the weather change, perhaps?), every spider in the midwestern region seems to think that our house is suddenly the place to be.

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the hard work you all do in my garden, keeping the pesky bugs at bay. I enjoy looking at a beautiful web, admiring the talent it took to achieve that utter perfection.

What I DON'T enjoy is stumbling upon a hairy, eight-legged creature stealthily crawling on my wall or ceiling. Especially in my bedroom, or that of my kids. Do you not get the sense that you're unwelcome by the fearful shrieks or the shoes being thrown at your head?

Seriously, take a hint...

This house is closed to all arachnids for the season. Come back in March, and we'll talk.

Sincerely,

Miss Heather

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

We have a spider that is the MOTHER OF ALL SPIDERS outside our youth trailer at church... I've NEVER seen anything like it! They dont bother me but I dont want to get my finger next to that baby EVER... especially if I want to keep said finger!

brainella said...

After I have offed an offending spider, I kindly explain to its little spirit that it needs to visit friends and family before ascending to spider heaven and explain to them that they will achieve the same fate if they come into my house. That's just the way it is.

Shannon said...

Julia's cracking me up... 'cause I do (sort of) the same thing! After squashing one, I always think "see, if you had just stayed OUTSIDE where you belong, you'd still be alive right now, stupid spider!"

Speaking of insects... Michaela has to bring a bug to school tomorrow (they're reading some book on bugs) Um... I think this assingment would be a lot easier done in the SPRING when the bugs are plentiful! I have no idea what kind of bug they expect her to find this time of year (she's not allowed to bring spiders, bees, wasps, flies...)

CaraBee said...

Whenever I see a spider or walk through a web, I try to remind myself that they do a fine job of eating all of the bugs I like even less, like mosquitoes, and to leave them alone. It's hard, though. The little black hairy ones are so fast and just scare the jeepers out of me.

Life Laugh Latte said...

I'm a new Follower of your blog today. Had fun looking at your past posts. We are big runners and sports enthusiasts in our house, also love God, and married for 18 years. We write and do video blogs. Come on over for a visit...we love new friends...and we love to comment. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

stephanie said...

the only reason i hate scorpions more passionately than spiders is the whole childhood death factor. but that aside, i find them all extremely creepy. i so feel your pain...

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

ugh, I hate spiders!!!