
Yesterday Joe deleted all the songs on my (his) iPod.
Gasp.
Actually, I asked him to. I needed a change. I needed a "running" playlist, one that will inspire me to run miles and miles without pause.
I found a lot of great songs.
It got me wondering...
Do you have an iPod? Do you have a running playlist? What are your top five favorite songs? If you were stranded on a desert island with Sawyer, what would be "your song" (you know the one that puts you both in the mood in two seconds flat)?
16 comments:
Um Sawyer and I wouldn't need a song to get us in the mood....
Be back later to give you some song suggestions...
Hmmmm...
Are you looking for just "running" songs? Or just 5 of our favorites?
I'd use "Kiwi" by Maroon 5 as my get-me-and-Sawyer-in-the-mood-for-gettin'-it-on music...
K, I don't have an answer for the love song but the song Where's your head at? Gets me going everytime. You can run your ass off to that song.
While most of these are older songs...I'll tell you what got me through the 1/2 marathon:
Black Eyed Peas--Let's Get it Started
Madonna/J.Timberlake--4 Minutes
Natasha Bedingfield--Unwritten
Cheetah Girls--Dig a little Deeper (yes, the Cheetah Girls...don't judge me...)
Gwen Stefani--Hollaback Girl
Destiny's Child--Lose My Breath
John Mellencamp--Hurt So Good
Katrina and the Waves--Walkin' On Sunshine
Beyonce--Bootylicious
Beyonce--Crazy in Love
Black Crowes--Hard to Handle
Jesus Jackson--Runnin' On Sunshine
Run DMC--Walk This Way
Of course...to run ALL THOSE MILES you'll need a lot o' music on that Ipod...and a full battery.
Seriously, it's the music that kept me running. Or I would have thrown in the towel.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Okay, I don't know who Sawyer is.
All I have to say right now is, "is Suzanne kidding?"
I've been trying to find some suggestions on line - or playlists already created for running... let us know how it goes for you... I'll steal your ideas!
well I dont so much run.....but 1song that make me want to get up and move around.....
All The Single Ladies by Beyonce
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I don't own an ipod. The hubs, however, has about 6,000 songs on his. I think a good gettin' in the mood song would be Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire or maybe John Mayer, Your Body's a Wonderland.
No I-Pod here. Can't help with that. My hubby has an MP3 player, but I have no idea what songs are on it. Probably some old Stryper and White Lion.....
ipod what is that? We are truly backwards around here and technologically UN-savy. If it were me, the only thing that would get me up and running would be some escaped inmate chasing me with a knife.....
but gotta love me some Maroon5. Good luck and happy running.♥
I do have an iPod and there is a ton of music on there. Kids songs, Daddy songs, love songs, country, classical. It is a huge mix. I love to hit shuffle and see what I get.
OOooh.. I posted about my running playlist a while back... maybe you can find something you might like there
http://thelinaresfamily.blogspot.com/2008/12/music-to-run-by.html
Ok...this is fun...my top fave five are:
Atomic Dog
Da Butt
Rapper's Delight
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
Brickhouse
Those are songs that get me movin' fo sho!!
Um...not sure who Sawyer is...but, let's say "Let's Get It On!"
GIRL...
I just made a new playlist this week. It's called "Shake That Arse, Girl..." and it's full of booty-shaking tunes. Perfect for running and working out. You know I will send it to you. 'Cause you know me.
p.s. Me and Sawyer...we'd have a mixed tape. 'Cause he likes that. It would have "Crawl" on it...by those Kings of Leon chaps.
And "Electric Feel" by MGMT. 'Cause that's just sex-ay.
My husband has one, my 4 year old has an MP3 player but calls it an IPOD. But me no. I already have hearing issues and am afraid listening to headphones would make it worst.
Post a Comment