Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh, baby...

I love all kinds of music, as you can see from my playlist below.



Gospel, country, rock, Christian rock, classic rock, kids' tunes...you get the idea.



I'm not totally hip on new music, though. I want to be; it's just hard when you have certain children in the van who have an opinion on what they want to listen to (or watch on the DVD player, as the case may be).



My sister, Michelle, is way hip on the new stuff, though, being the mother of two teenagers. She amazes me with her musical prowess.



When we visited Lula last fall, I knew this was one subject that I could take a backseat to (quite literally; Michelle and Lula sat upfront, I chilled in the back). Those two sang and talked and rhapsodized to their hearts' content, and I was quite happy to be along for the ride. I may not know the title or the band, but I do love the music.



That being said, when Lula asked if Michelle and I would be interested in seeing Kings of Leon with her in May, in our hometown, of course I said YES! I love live music, and this group seriously rocks! Not to mention that I love spending some quality time with the queen of the iPod herself :)

I'm not sure who is the hottest. I'm sure each one of them will be looking fine up on that stage, though. Crooning Sex on Fire to the three of us. Oh, baby...







I'm seeing another blog countdown ticker in my future (after Disney, that is). Jenny, I'm sorry Washington is so freakin' far away. If there is any chance you can hop on a plane and come to Cincy, you know you are so invited.

12 comments:

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

You know if I could make it over I totally would! I will think of you guys during the show...sigh...I am so jealous! You guys are going to have the best time!!!

Suzann said...

How fun! Sex on Fire is on my i-pod. In fact, I sang to it (all alone and in the car with the windows rolled up and driving at the speed of light so the dogs couldn't catch me) just the other day. How fun!!!!
Now, I've got a song for you, but not the kiddies...

Michelle said...

I love begin exposed to new things. This is one band I am not familiar with, but knowing who recommended it, I know it will be great. I too will start listening. I bet Morgan will like them too!

And, once again thanks for asking. You say, "Hey Michelle, let's go and do ________", and I say "OK, let's do it." We are gonna have a blast!

Rebecca Jo said...

How do you not love a rocker in tight pants... I dont see how they move in those things sometimes...

Debbie said...

I have teenagers and I still can't keep up with the music. It makes me sad because I always thought I would be the kind of mom that did!

Jen said...

I know you guys are going to have a rockin good time.

Kim said...

Kings of Leon are great. I like to watch them on YouTube.
Signed,
Perverted Old Lady

Lula! said...

I KNOW--Jenny needs to be with us, for sure.

"Crawl" is just it, man. The song. It's smoooookin' hot. Like us.

And everyone just needs to see the "Sex On Fire" video. Go You Tube it, y'all. Yeah. It's delicious.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

what fun!!!! I love going to live shows!

ChicagoLady said...

I've never heard of Kings of Leon, but I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun at the concert.

MarciaBrady said...

I don't know if I've ever heard of them. Hold on...let me listen to your music player...

Nope, never heard of 'em! But, I like what I heard so far.

You'll have a blast!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

That is why I volunteer at school. The kids keep you hip and up to date on the cool things......
Enjoy the concert and girl time - so much fun.

Also I loved the tribute to Joe, so wonderful!!!!