Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog's Day


Dear Punxsutawney Phil:


You suck.


Sincerely,


A sick-and-tired-of-snow-and-ice-and-school-cancellations-mom


(If you didn't see the news today, Phil saw his shadow. And then, like the woos-bag he is, hightailed it back into his hole for another six weeks of winter. What a wimp.)

15 comments:

Jen said...

totally a wimp!

Anonymous said...

He sucks! It's going to be in the 40's this weekend, that means it will be coming your way next week. Hold tight, help is on the way!

Michelle said...

Blogger just ate my long ass comment, now I have to type it again cause it was good.

Morgan's calendar of useless information say:
In the past sixty years, the groundhog has only predicted the weather correctly 28 percent of the time. The rushing back and forth from burrows is believed to indicate sexual activity, not shadow seeking.

So, I am going with the 72 percent chance he was wrong and spring is just around the corner.

The Wife O Riley said...

I may have come up with a cure for the winter blahs. A new drink called the snowball.

Vodka
Kaluha
Ice Cream.

Just like a white russian only better!

ChicagoLady said...

General Beauregard Lee did NOT see his shadow today, so spring is coming early to the south. Maybe we should all move there? Or maybe we should swap General Lee with Punxsutawney Phil?

Shannon said...

This afternoon, I told the girls that Phil saw his shadow... meaning six more weeks of winter.

They almost burst into tears.

Seriously.

Suzann said...

Awwww...don't be angry at the little guy.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

It turned cold here again so I was pissed at him, too!!

WheresMyAngels said...

So that is why Aysha's cartoon was talking about this!! lol

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh and tell your sister to stop cussing in your comment section. It is unbecoming of her!


Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Melissa said...

Winter Sucks! And so does his furry little friend.

Lula! said...

Amen.

I miss you. We must talk soon.
xoxo

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I hate that rodent too. My kids asked if we could eat him and what he would taste like....Anyone got a gun I could borrow?

Jane In The Jungle said...

Girl come on down!! General Beauregard did NOT see his!!
Translation: Early Southern Spring!
Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Hear??

Michelle said...

Hey G,

Shut the hell up!! hehe